3 Psychological Barriers-Going Vegan

Pizza--and those random offers of treats :kissing_heart:
I actually don't commit to being vegan just because of those things. Work used to have pizza so often, I'm glad they stopped, even though it just means they're being cheap 🙄

Don't know if the article mentioned this, but there is so much stress on "well planned vegan diets" that many feel it takes extraordinary effort. the truth is, the vast number of omnis eat junk and are vitamin deficient! So much if focused on trying to compare foods are may be similar in taste or use, but not on nutrients, like non dairy milks not having calcium, when dark greens, seeds, beans are where the calcium is found. Omnis are notoriously known for lacking potassium while plant based foods don't get the credit for their higher supply
A junky diet without meat eggs or dairy is no worse than a junky diet that includes them
Some people think going vegan means all organic and non gmo

Last edited:
Number one for me, and many, is simply saying no to the random treats, the ease of getting last minute take out, seeing your favorite treats that have zero need for eggs, dairy or gelatine, but they do and if there is a vegan version it's gonna be stupidly higher priced
Just saw an ad for a pie place I'd love to get a strawberry rhubarb from! :(

And you know what? I don't judge those who make those exceptions. I wish more people would if being vegan is too daunting. Vegan-ish is far better than not even trying

Reactions: Lou
Number one for me, and many, is simply saying no to the random treats, the ease of getting last minute take out, seeing your favorite treats that have zero need for eggs, dairy or gelatine, but they do and if there is a vegan version it's gonna be stupidly higher priced
Just saw an ad for a pie place I'd love to get a strawberry rhubarb from! :(

And you know what? I don't judge those who make those exceptions. I wish more people would if being vegan is too daunting. Vegan-ish is far better than not even trying
Yeah, at this point, I'd take any reduction in consumption of animals/animal products. The demand for flesh needs to decline so that it becomes less profitable. These huge food producers only see dollar signs, so if the demand lessens enough or goes away at some point, hopefully they pivot to plant-based foods.

Reactions: Emma JC
Number one for me, and many, is simply saying no to the random treats, the ease of getting last minute take out, ...
That's actually a Pro for me. I have saved so much money and probably improved my health by having a really good reason not to get take out on the way home. and not buying the random treat, too.

:)

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Thank you for sharing. Great post. It is vital that we speak up about this issue, as there are many well-intentioned
humans who "go vegan" but have not done their homework before doing so. The obsession for several years has been
the "failed vegans" giving some humans a reason to say they will never go vegan and can continue to eat cadavers
and other animal stuff. Humans also want to be social and be accepted. It is VERY challenging for some humans to
become "the outsider" and different. THIS TAKES COURAGE!.
I was raised as an omnivore. I LOVED eating cheese, meat, eggs, etcetera. I savored my meals. Cheese was the most
challenging substance to give up, but I have no need for it. THEN I connected feeling better without meat, to the immense
inhumane suffering of the animals. I realized I could not continue my "pleasure" at the expense of others lives. I have never
regretted my decision. I simply would have done it much sooner.
Over 25+ years whole food ethical vegan now. I am grateful I made the decision. It made me a more compassionate
human animal.
Every change is a challenge!. Humans have been eating the dead since we were 1-2 years old. It is the largest
addiction in the world, eating violence. Most humans have no clue that they are co-dependent on a violent
diet. Hiding this behind closed doors does not change this fact.

"Committing to veganism is nowhere near as easy as it looks. Here's why."

What? Wait! who said it looks easy?

KEY POINTS

• It can be difficult for vegetarians and prospective vegans to go completely vegan.
  • Lack of knowledge can be a major barrier to making the transition to veganism.
  • Other contributing factors include ingrained dietary habits and fear of losing out on pleasure.

Thank you for sharing

Reactions: Brian W and Emma JC