Advice for asking my parents?

Hi there! I'm new to the forum so just now reading your thread. Please keep us updated!
It's crazy, when you think about it... Parents spend years and years saying "Eat your vegetables!," then when you do, they are worried you're not eating meat.
I just went to a Meetup group and spent some time chatting with a super nice couple that recently turned vegan. They told us (me & my son - he's 16) that it started when their daughter wanted to be vegetarian, then vegan. So parents can be supportive! If not, no one can force feed you what you don't want to eat. Maybe go grocery shopping with them and make sure some stuff gets into the cart that you want to eat? ... Anyway - good luck. I'm looking forward to hearing how things go around Xmas :)

Reactions: Frederic Lavender
Hi there! I'm new to the forum so just now reading your thread. Please keep us updated!
It's crazy, when you think about it... Parents spend years and years saying "Eat your vegetables!," then when you do, they are worried you're not eating meat.
I just went to a Meetup group and spent some time chatting with a super nice couple that recently turned vegan. They told us (me & my son - he's 16) that it started when their daughter wanted to be vegetarian, then vegan. So parents can be supportive! If not, no one can force feed you what you don't want to eat. Maybe go grocery shopping with them and make sure some stuff gets into the cart that you want to eat? ... Anyway - good luck. I'm looking forward to hearing how things go around Xmas :)
So true about the part "Eat your vegetables!," I was raised vegetarian so wasn't so bad for me!

Reactions: TofuRobot