Animal agriculture is the leading cause of extinction of wildlife

Vegan Dogs

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
The matter is very simple. MINIMAL HARM is the primary vegan principle.

LIONS and TIGERS are practically EXTINCT today due to animal agriculture the main cause of their loss of habitats growing 1000 times more plants to feed farmed killed animals. 26 states of Africa have no more lions at all...only 20 thousand lions remain in the world and less than 4 thousand tigers. There are more domestic pet cats in 1 city than the entire world population of lions and tigers.

70 percent of all wildlife from the hedgehog down from 30 to 1 million in the UK alone in the past 40 years.

Animal petfood protein is the 5th largest continent. the real wildlife of this world has had its habitats destroyed by animal agriculture growing 1000 times more plants to simply process them via animal flesh for nutrients already there.

So what is least harm ? to BREED and KILL 1000 rabbits/chickens to feed 1 pet cat ? who as proven thrives on vegan food ? or feed Vegan and save 1000 lives ? no contest.

Pet cats are ALIVE thanks to VEGAN essentials in their petfood. all arguments about fantasies are irrelevant compared to that FACT

TAURINE, VITAMIN A and ARGININE are synthetic so VEGAN anyway in all supplements and in all commercial quantified ingredients. THESE are the essentials a cat species needs to even LIVE...without arginine a cat can die in 1 day. ALL PETFOODS have these as Synthetic so VEGAN as standard in all petfoods that quantify those nutrients in the petfoods sold.

http://www.vegepets.info/ has links to all the approved passing ALL nutrients needed for species of dogs cats ferrets petfood suppliers of Vegan Petfoods.

Summary of the main arguments against vegan fed cats...

1. FORCING an animal to eat (putting food in a bowl is not force feeding)

2. AGAINST NATURE (owning an animal and another species feeding it is unnatural)

3. CATS WILL DIE THIS CAT IS AN EXCEPTION (cats are cats biologically the same no cat not getting the nutrients needed for life itself would survive)

4. CATS NEED MEAT (cats need nutrients that are NOT in the MEAT in petfoods like Taurine and VitA, Arginine due to cooking destroying those and synthetic vegan supplements are added as standard to all petfoods so cats are alive thanks to vegan essential nutrients, raw feeding experts all recommend adding the synthetic supplement Taurine)

5. Cats hunt have teeth sizes to tear flesh (kibble modern petfood is hardly tear it up to eat it material and cats do not fish fish are actually unhealthy toxic to cats per any cat nutrition expert)

6. PROTEIN is digestible proven from plant sources by cats.

Animal petfood protein is the 5th largest continent. the real wildlife of this world has had its habitats destroyed by animal agriculture growing 1000 times more plants to simply process them via animal flesh for nutrients already there.

TAURINE, VITAMIN A and ARGININE are synthetic so VEGAN anyway in all supplements and in all commercial quantified ingredients. THESE are the essentials a cat species needs to even LIVE...without arginine a cat can die in 1 day. ALL PETFOODS have these as Synthetic so VEGAN as standard in all petfoods that quantify those nutrients in the petfoods sold.

LIONS and TIGERS are practically EXTINCT today due to animal agriculture the main cause of their loss of habitats growing 1000 times more plants to feed farmed killed animals. 26 states of Africa have no more lions at all...only 20 thousand lions remain in the world and less than 4 thousand tigers. There are more domestic pet cats in 1 city than the entire world population of lions and tigers.

Yeah I heard one of my environmental science professors turn to another student talking about a pie with bacon on it. It's made me want to go to grad school and do my research based on educating people to go plant-based for enviornmental reasons. As an undergrad in enviro sci I have found the hypocrisy borderline unbearable. I could even deal with vegetarians or profs who at least eliminated "red meat" as a start. But to do nothing it all makes me ferociously angry.

Reactions: Vegan Dogs
Quite right, but what about the wildlife that has disappeared because miles of hedgerows are ripped out to provide huge fields to grow crops. So some animals become extinct, I've never seen a tiger in the wild, and I don't miss the Dodo. It's life.

• Haha
Reactions: Forest Nymph
Quite right, but what about the wildlife that has disappeared because miles of hedgerows are ripped out to provide huge fields to grow crops. So some animals become extinct, I've never seen a tiger in the wild, and I don't miss the Dodo. It's life.

1) The existence of animal agriculture requires the usage of more crop land so it's still tied to animal agriculture.

2) We are in the middle of the sixth mass extinction. Species go extinct every minute. The extinctions began about a hundred years ago. You know, the Dodo, but are faster and scarier now thanks to people. It's called the anthropogenic extinction.

So thanks for sharing your wholly unscientific ignorant opinion with such an air of arrogant finality of it being "just life." Thanks for the unintended laugh Archie Bunker.

Reactions: mavrick45
70 percent of all wildlife from the hedgehog down from 30 to 1 million in the UK alone in the past 40 years.

4o years ago. that would be 1979, in 1981 the Badger was given protected status, Badgers are a major predator of hedgehogs, I don't have a problem with that, its nature and the badgers first concern is its own survival, but the FACT is that the decline in hedgehogs coincided with a rise in the badger population, and interestingly urban hedgehog population (where badger population has remained exceptionally low) has remained fairly constant.

Hedgehog population remained reasonably static throughout the 60's and 70's which were the decades that saw massive changes in the UK rural landscape and agricultural practices.

4o years ago. that would be 1979, in 1981 the Badger was given protected status, Badgers are a major predator of hedgehogs, I don't have a problem with that, its nature and the badgers first concern is its own survival, but the FACT is that the decline in hedgehogs coincided with a rise in the badger population, and interestingly urban hedgehog population (where badger population has remained exceptionally low) has remained fairly constant.

Hedgehog population remained reasonably static throughout the 60's and 70's which were the decades that saw massive changes in the UK rural landscape and agricultural practices.

Ecologists know that urbanization and industry are also problems. But people in developing African countries still eat ten times less meat than the average modern individual in the UK. The UK doesn't consume as much meat as the US, but it's far beyond what was once considered average. Even compared to 1960, meat consumption in the UK has risen.

That you actively try to thwart arguments around animal agriculture and the environment is so embarrassingly self-serving, you being a cattle farmer and all. You couldn't be more transparent if you were a window.

Ecologists know that urbanization and industry are also problems. But people in developing African countries still eat ten times less meat than the average modern individual in the UK. The UK doesn't consume as much meat as the US, but it's far beyond what was once considered average. Even compared to 1960, meat consumption in the UK has risen.

That you actively try to thwart arguments around animal agriculture and the environment is so embarrassingly self-serving, you being a cattle farmer and all. You couldn't be more transparent if you were a window.

Absolutely, what's wrong with transparency? I even use my real name .
The fact that I put forward alternative views on a discussion forum should be applauded.