Advertisement

Anybody else dating a non-vegan?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Busybee22, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Busybee22

Busybee22 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Hey friends, my name is Ashley and I am new to the forum here. Was wondering if anyone was dating a non-vegan?
    My boyfriend loves meat, and it's hard because I want to be able to eat dinner with him and it's hard for us to find compatible restaurants to eat at together. I also really have a tough time cooking meals for him, as I don't really like buying meat and supporting that industry.

Was wondering what anyone else does in this situation. All answers are appreciated, thanks! :)

2. hopeful
    Creative

hopeful Active Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    My wife is not a vegan. When we began dating, she was a meat eater of all sorts of meats. When we moved in together, we agreed to have only vegetarian food in the house. Now she is a pescatarian, so she has fish in the house, but she's not eating other types of meat anymore. Anyway, my suggestion would be not to cook your boyfriend meat. I have never cooked my wife meat. I simply cook vegan food for both of us to eat. When she cooks, she cooks vegan food for me and will add cheese or something to her portions.

Welcome to the forum!

3. veganDreama

veganDreama Active Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 2 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you stop cooking your boyfriend meat. Give him some 'fake' meat dishes without telling him they are 'fake' and see what he says.

My old neighbour always says she doesn't like soya. So when I made mango sorbet with soya cream and mango juice and pulp I didn't tell her about the soya and she said she liked it.