Appetite loss, help!

Jackkie

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
hello! I am on the end of my first week of going vegan, but I've noticed that my appetite has decreased drastically! I literally have to force myself to eat sometimes because I don't get hungry often. As far as the transition, it has been pretty easy. I literally went raw from one day to the next and I haven't had a problem with it. I also noticed that I have been losing a lot of weight. I think it's just water weight but it won't stop. I keep losing at least, 1 pound per day. Any thoughts?? Please let me know! Thank you. Much appreciated!

It would help to know what you are eating. It could be that you are eating enough when you do get hungry and that makes you not hungry often. I don't get as hungry on my days off from work since I don't do as much and my diet is high in carbs.

It would help to know what you are eating. It could be that you are eating enough when you do get hungry and that makes you not hungry often. I don't get as hungry on my days off from work since I don't do as much and my diet is high in carbs.

Thank you so much for replying! I am mostly a fruitarian. I eat majority fruits, and some nuts & veggies. I'm on Day 6 and I already lost 12 pounds and I keep losing 1 pound per day. I know it might all be water weight, but it just seems like a lot.

You will probably need to add in lentils, beans, tofu or something else. You could just be bloated from just eating fruit all the time. You're not eating nearly enough to not loose weight. A lot of new vegans loose a lot of weight during the early stages. I've been vegan since May and have lost 40lbs over that time. Try varying your diet. It may take some time to find balance but you will get there.

You will probably need to add in lentils, beans, tofu or something else. You could just be bloated from just eating fruit all the time. You're not eating nearly enough to not loose weight. A lot of new vegans loose a lot of weight during the early stages. I've been vegan since May and have lost 40lbs over that time. Try varying your diet. It may take some time to find balance but you will get there.
Oh ok:) I will give that a try and hopefully it works out! Thank you so much!