Armistice Day-Lest We Forget!

Very interesting - the celebration of the end of the „War to end all wars“.

I recently watched the very good movie „All Quiet on the Western Front“ that offered some insight into the actions behind the scenes of the armistice negotiations.

As we all found out some decades later, the part about „ending all wars“ was unfortunately not correct.

Reactions: PTree15
Very interesting - the celebration of the end of the „War to end all wars“.

I recently watched the very good movie „All Quiet on the Western Front“ that offered some insight into the actions behind the scenes of the armistice negotiations.

As we all found out some decades later, the part about „ending all wars“ was unfortunately not correct.

Today it's more about not forgetting all of those including animals, who lost their lives. Hence, lest not forget.

Reactions: PTree15 and Andy_T
We tend to remember animals who heroically lost their lives by being shot, blasted or gassed in the trenches, but not those who get shot or gassed in slaughterhouses. Those are just „business as usual“ :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15
We tend to remember animals who heroically lost their lives by being shot, blasted or gassed in the trenches, but not those who get shot or gassed in slaughterhouses. Those are just „business as usual“ :mad:

Speak for the others. I think of them every single day.