Best type of vegan cheese?

It's also not cheap. To be honest I rarely use these type of products, anyways. However, good pizza is a huge treat to me. Since I don't have pizza often, I will make an exception for that. To me, for this purpose, Miyoko's is worth every penny. It's the best vegan cheese I've tried on pizza yet. If anyone knows of a better one I would really like to know.

I am not a huge fan of Daiya cheese flavour. Their newer ones are a bit better tasting, but there's better brands out there in my opinion. I've never tried Follow Your Heart, but I know Field Roast's Chao is very good tasting, especially for that classic grilled cheese. It might work sliced on pizza, but it's not really made for that. Until I find a better one, Miyoko's is going on my pizza.

I found some Miyoko's mozz at the health food store near me! My wife and I are having homemade pizza this weekend. :)

I found some Miyoko's mozz at the health food store near me! My wife and I are having homemade pizza this weekend. :)

Yay! I hope your pie comes out wonderful, and above all, delicious!

Remember, it's not going to be exactly like real Mozza, but out of all of them, Miyoko's was my favorite, hands down. If there is a better vegan cheese out there, I'd sure love to hear about it.

Reactions: hopeful
I love FYH smoked gouda.
Daiya cheddar, and jalepano havarti, and munster blocks.
FHY parmesean.
I dont think I would even like dairy cheese anymore. I have tasted some recently and these cheeses were much better to me now

I hate Chao

I've been making this about every couple weeks, with homemade soy yogurt. So good to add in herbs,and a bit of olive oil-
It isn't pizza cheese though. For that I use Daiya munster and FHY parm

I like Daiya slices for grilled cheese, Miyoko's cheese wheels for cheese and crackers. The 365 cheese slices are decent, I like making vegan cheese and ham sandwiches with those. It's a little cheaper than Daiya. Simple Truth by Kroger is awful. It reminds me of Daiya when it was new. Chao is okay, mom seems to enjoy it. I never get FYH, but I think that one's good too.
You might not like it as much if you are transitioning from dairy, but vegan cheese has come a long way. I just hope they continue to get better, and hopefully more affordable.

Last edited: