Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a basic five ingredient quick vegan pancake recipe I have used multiple times with various tweaks and added ingredients. The basic recipe is equal parts flour and vegan milk, with spoonfuls of baking powder, sugar and oil.

I always use coconut sugar and in the past have often thrown in spoonfuls of pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and flax seeds.

I made it with chickpea flour today for greater nutrition, and instead of the pumpkin and flax used the Almond Breeze with Bananas as the milk, and added pecans and cinnamon. Delicious enough to eat without syrup or jam!

Alcohol free night last night. This morning: Ripe plums from my tree. Oh gee. Not enough. I had like 6 and was hungry by 11am. Don't usually do the fruit alone thing.

Reactions: Emma JC
Dog's breakfast day again today... rolled oats and flax meal mixed with mixed berries, banana, topped with hemp seed, peanut butter powder, cacao, greens powder.

Emma JC

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Coffee with whole date syrup

12 ripe plums + one of the seeds from a cracked shell. Twice yesterday's amount and about an hour later. I wonder if this will satisfy until lunch. Guess I'll see.

Edit: It was fine until lunchtime. :)

Last edited:
Gardein burger and then later potato taco with gaucamole and a side of black beans from taco bell.

Homemade wholewheat toast with lowered sodium Vegemite, mushroom, wombok cabbage. Also a plum and some chickpea nuts.

Had spaghetti squash with a tomato sauce (mushrooms, onions, shallots, green pepper and seasonings) topped with violife parm. Also had a salad with tomatoes and home made tahini dressing with a hawaiian roll and european earth balance.

Last edited:
A mango, a bunch of plums and this black fruit with a leathery exterior and green sweet seeds inside. Want to say pomegranate cuz I thought that was it's name when I bought it but the seeds were green so I'm not sure.

Edit: passionfruit

Last edited:
it was a steel cut oat / berry / banana day with a side of toast / peanut butter

Emma JC

I had soy yogurt (peach), oatmeal with maple syrup, and a banana with peanut butter.

Oatmeal with soy milk & blueberries.
One small locally grown orange.
Tea.

¡ Yea! the oatmeal came out OK in the microwave. I think the thing I did differently was I really stirred it up good before cooking. And I didn't cover it. Just put a plate under it in case it boiled over.

Reactions: hopeful
Breakfast Smoothie:
one frozen banana, 1.5 tbsp of peanut butter
2 tbsp oatmeal
1 tbsp ground flaxseed.

Reactions: hopeful
Found beyond sausage brats at a local store finally! Got two packages. I'm having that on a bun with just mayo, onion, green olives, ketchup and mustard. Also having a small baked red potato with european earth balance and tofutti sour cream, sauerkraut and a salad of romaine, green leaf, pepitas and home made tahini dressing.

It's nearly 5am and I've barely slept. Not hot, but over 90% humidity and I couldn't sleep, even with air con on.

I'm having coffee. Today is supposed to be hot though. Ugh. Waiting for Aussie summer to be over already.

Big breakfast today. Scrambled tofu, wholewheat toast slices with lowered sodium Vegemite, lots of tater tots with ketchup dip + a few more white potatoes with onion and garlic flakes plus salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.