Advertisement

Buying a car with leather seats?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Alissa, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Alissa

Alissa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Hi All,

I have recently accepted an absolutely amazing job offer, which requires me to have a car and drive 80+ kilometers a day. I have a limit on my budget and would prefer a hybrid for the environmental aspect, also it has to be reliable as I will be on the road so much. Now a family friend, who is a car dealer, has made me an offer for a used car in incredible state and for a price, that I wont get a second time (even in comparison to non-hybrid cars). The problem is: it has leather seats, which is posing an ethical problem.
    Also time is of the essence. I have to make a decision until tomorrow if I want to take the offer and also my job is starting in a week, so either way I have to act fast. So far, I haven't come across any other offer, that even comes close in terms of the price & state of car.

Now I don't know what to do.. I've been running a meriad of questions through my head like:
    If I had a higher budget and was deciding for a new car, would I go for one with leather seats? No
    Would I buy a second hand leather jacket? No
    etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Sax
    Daring

Sax Active Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 1 / -1
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I'd feel like a hypocrite every time I got in my car. In the long run how good a deal it was wouldn't matter. You expect to be spending a lot of time on the road...spend that time in something that reinforces your veganism.

3. veganDreama

veganDreama Active Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 2 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I wouldn't like to have to put my bottom on the skin of a dead animal every time I drove out. You'll get another deal I'm sure.

4. amberfunk

amberfunk Active Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 2 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    It's already a used car so it's not like you're putting money into a new car that's adding to the demand of leather seats. When I buy shoes I get them at goodwill so I don't necessarily look at what they are made of. I'd say go for it if you need it for work.