Advertisement

Can someone please recommend some good, effective, vegan, cruelty-free shampoo bars?

Discussion in 'Products' started by Rory17, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Rory17

Rory17 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -1
    Hi ,
    I have heard about shampoo bars, and have been doing some looking up on Goodsearch and Amazon. My mum is a supporter of the Body Shop Ginger Shampoo, but this isn’t vegan (it has honey in it). Also, we’ve had bad experience with some natural, health food shop type shampoo before. Because it didn’t have the stuff in it that’s good for my hair, it wasn’t as good, so preferably one that is vegan and cruelty-free, but still not free from anything that could be good for my hair. What vegan, cruelty-free shampoo bars work well for your hair?
    Thank you to the moon and back.
    Have the best day and night ever!

2. hopeful
    Creative

hopeful Active Member

Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I haven't tried this personally, but I think Lush has shampoo bars. My sister loves their products.

Yep - I just checked. Lush does have them.

3. Lou
    Joyful

Lou Active Member

Ratings:
    +400 / 1 / -3
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I have never heard of shampoo bars. What is the benefit?

4. Rory17

Rory17 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -1
    I think it might be better for the wildlife and the environment, as opposed to plastic.

5. Lou
    Joyful

Lou Active Member

Ratings:
    +400 / 1 / -3
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    oh. that makes sense

6. Connie
    Cloud_9

Connie Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Yep, the ones I use are by Lush. They do bar conditioners as well but I think the only vegan conditioner is in a bottle. The shampoo bars are a mixture of vegan and non-vegan as well, but I've been using them for years and years now.

7. Forest Nymph
    Wishful

Forest Nymph Active Member

Ratings:
    +399 / 1 / -11
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Lush are probably the easiest for you to find, or to order online. I have used Lush before, I like Seanik the best.

I'm currently using one labeled vegan at a local store. I have had the first bar for months and still have a second one. They gave me a little bamboo rack to keep mine on since I bought two shampoo bars and a conditioning one. It was like buy three and get one free or get this little bamboo rack. I keep it OUTSIDE of the shower so that it doesn't melt away. I also don't wash my hair every day, more like twice a week, three at absolute most and then only if I feel my hair is really dirty for some reason.