Coconut oil and oil in general

That is so good to hear and congrats on researching something that you would prefer not to know. :)

We do not have heart disease either and we intend to keep it that way. Maybe start by cutting back on the amount that you use? There are many great recipes out there for salad dressings that don't include oil.

Please keep us updated on your decision and your thoughts on the book.

Emma JC

I'm a huge fan of Dr. Esselstyn. I'm also a fan of many of the pioneers that came after him.

I'm kind of torn regarding "oils". Esselstyn states "NO OIL, not even Olive Oil".. and many others as well.

But we also have another train of pioneers that are saying "Oil is fine as long as it's "virgin" or "cold pressed" and not "processed"..

Any thoughts on this topic?
I don't know who the "pioneers" are that are saying oil is good for you. "Fine," is not good enough for me. I don't use/buy oil anymore for the simple fact that it's not a whole food. I feel SO much better since I made that decision. The only oil that I get is whatever appears naturally in food, which is plenty, if not optimal, or what's in the meal that I only very occasionally get from a restaurant. The rest goes on my skin and/or hair.

Reactions: Emma JC