Conditioning

Sally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
It's a bit of a tall order to expect everyone to become vegan overnight. Conditioning is very powerful and most people believe that animals exist for consumption by humans, simply because they do not think about it, they just accept it as a fact. If we don't eat them they wouldn't exist, like that would be a bad thing. But if they think about it, then it's clear that breeding animals for food is a bad thing. Not to mention the fear and misery that must be impregnated in the animal sourced food, and how that is being taken into one's body.

I think it's important to stop and think about what we are doing. Being vegan has made me a more discerning person. I don't just follow the accepted norm, I've always questioned some things, but as I have got older I am questioning everything. I don't take anything for granted. If we really think about things we can make our own mind up about them, instead of thinking that, even though something seems wrong, it must be right or so many people wouldn't be going along with it. I believe we mustn't be lazy, we must consider the impact of our decisions on others and take responsibility for all we do.