Cracker toppers

Scratchcat

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi, folks. I'm planning out a few meals and a shopping list for my next trip, and I'm wondering what some quick, cheap alternatives to meat and cheese are for cracker toppings? That was one of my favorite quick snacks.

I did a quick search and didn't find anything on the subject yet.

1. Nut butters. (Good quick source of protein)

2. Sliced baked tofu. I prefer teriyaki flavor, but there are other flavors available. (Also a good quick source of protein)

3. Silken tofu or vegan cream cheese with whole pieces of fruit (banana, berries, peach, etc.) or applesauce blended in.

4. Raw veggies such as carrots or radishes sliced exceedingly thinly.

5. Veggie lunch meats such as Tofurky slices cut into small cracker-sized pieces.

Mock tuna salad
Mock chicken salad
avocado
tomatoes with a little basil
guacamole
You could even make little pizzas,top with a little tomato sauce and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast or Daiya and bake them a few minutes.:)

Tapenade
puréed broad beans with lemon zest
soya cream cheese with different flavours ; garlic, lemon, caraway, liquid smoke etc
puréed roast garlic
caramalised onion jam

:lick: These ideas all sound delicious.

I mostly have peanut butter and sliced banana, slices of vegan cheese or mushroom pate on crackers but I sometimes have crackers with vegan margarine and some strawberry jam.

I need this in my life. Do you have a recipe?

I will dig it up for you when I have more time. :)
Mmmm, tapenade...Must make some of that this weekend.

I love tapenade and make a very simple version in my FP using the mini bowl. It pairs well with new potato salad or tomato salad.

Reactions: thefadedone
I will dig it up for you when I have more time. :)

I love tapenade and make a very simple version in my FP using the mini bowl. It pairs well with new potato salad or tomato salad.
Mine is very simple as well, and I, too, use the mini FP, unless I'm making a party-size batch. :D I like to top a baguette with the tapenade, in addition to crackers. Dang, I'm hungry now.