Cutting as a vegan

Remi

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
So the traditional approach is to eat less fat, less sugar, less carbs more meat more egg whites blah blah bs

How should I approach this as a vegan?

So far I've been doing this:
-barely any fat (no fat for frying, margarine etc)
-more fruit
-less "added" sugars
-only homemade, good meals
-just 200/300 calories underwear what I usually eat
-enough carbs but still don't overeat on them

Any tips or pointers?

I have soaked oats with fruit for breakfast, pasta with a sauce I made that has veggies and a source of protein, and brown rice with veggies. I'll have 2 protein shakes a day, and 1/2 fruit smoothies of a small jar of soaked oats for a snack.

Last edited:
I would try low sodium as well. I do not think it is necessary to take those protein shakes.

But, generally, I do not advocate calorie restricting. I think it is better to work a deficit through exercise, not through restriction. I would also suggest taking supplements so that your body can maintain repairing itself despite the deficit.

You could try Raw 'Til Four?

I would try low sodium as well.

Where does sodium come from? I use MyFitnessPal and my sodium levels are very low

I do not think it is necessary to take those protein shakes.

I'm actually going to stop buying protein powders once this one is finished :3

But, generally, I do not advocate calorie restricting. I think it is better to work a deficit through exercise, not through restriction. I would also suggest taking supplements so that your body can maintain repairing itself despite the deficit.
I've heard it's better to expend more calories rather than restrict them, could that be done through more workouts and morning cardio? And what sort of supplement, BCAAs?

You could try Raw 'Til Four?
I haven't but I really want to, seems like I will need a Vitamix blender or something, which I can't yet afford :(

Thank you!

Where does sodium come from? I use MyFitnessPal and my sodium levels are very low

"Sodium occurs naturally in some foods and is often added during manufacturing. Of course, we also add it during cooking and at the table, too. Naturally occurring sodium is in foods such as celery, beets and milk. Packaged and prepared foods, like canned soups, lunch meats and frozen dinners, often have sodium added during manufacturing. This sodium might be in the form of salt or other forms of sodium (like baking soda) that show up in our food. - Source"