Dealing with vegan hate!! help!

Plantbased

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi,
I have been vegan for 2 years. But since I move in my new place to live as an uni student. I did not know the neighbour who lives next to me is an extreme vegan hater. He recorded whatever I do in my flat from cooking, exercising and even going to the toilets. I have not realised it until recently other people that I don’t know start to harass me. He literally spends all day to watch the video footage with his partner days and night non-stop. I think they don’t even sleep just to watch the videos. They comment about what I do and curse at me. When he shows it to others to spread vegan hate, his friends tell me that I am a strong vegan and it eventually becomes intense vegan hatred. I desperately need your help!! Now not a single minute I could be in silence in my flat since they keep shouting and cursing at my windows.

Many thanks,

Wait, what? How are they filming you? Are they the landlords? Do you live in some sort of dormitory or group home where the cameras are for security?

Call the police. When you do, don't frame this as vegan vs non-vegan but just someone who doesn't want to be harrassed.
Thanks Jamie, I have called the police to report the case. But the thing is it’s hard to get evidences since they shared the footage through app like Whatapps. I’ve also tried to approach them requesting delete the footage but they completely ignored me.

Wait, what? How are they filming you? Are they the landlords? Do you live in some sort of dormitory or group home where the cameras are for security?
I live in a flat where there are two big windows and the kitchen has one of them, the other one is the living area. Both windows face their backyard to an angle, they installed their hidden camera in their house pointing directly to the windows to record what I do in my flat. When their friends come over to their house, that’s when I found out. They start sharing the footage and harassing me. Now the blinds are closed all the time but they keep hating on me by spreading the footage to other people. Thank you for your reply!

All of my friends are here. I just don’t want to just because of this. Thanks happyanimal954

But they don’t really solve these kind of housing problems

This is not a housing problem in my humble opinion. This is voyeurism, harassment, and most likely a crime.

All of my friends are here. I just don’t want to just because of this.

With all due respect, if this is acceptable to you and your friends, carry on. I'm sure if you really felt threatened, you would do something about it.

Yes, I can. But they don’t really solve these kind of housing problems. Thank you anyway!

Where the heck do you go? Ole Miss? Arkansas state? I hate to stereotype, but having been born in the American South, I can only imagine this sort of bullying being overlooked or even encouraged. Why wouldn't your school care about this? This is blatantly a crime, do you not understand what you're telling us?

Where the heck do you go? Ole Miss? Arkansas state? I hate to stereotype, but having been born in the American South, I can only imagine this sort of bullying being overlooked or even encouraged. Why wouldn't your school care about this? This is blatantly a crime, do you not understand what you're telling us?
Yes, I do understand this is a serious crime , that’s why I’ve reported to the police. But there is no clear evidence. They did not say a word when the police come to my place. You got the first bit right, but this is South England:) Thank you!

Yes, I do understand this is a serious crime , that’s why I’ve reported to the police. But there is no clear evidence. They did not say a word when the police come to my place. You got the first bit right, but this is South England:) Thank you!

How is there no evidence if they're showing film to their friends? How do you know this?

Are you sure you aren't just imagining this? I'm not trying to be rude, but maybe your neighbors are just jerks but they're not really filming you. We have all known jerks at some point.

How is there no evidence if they're showing film to their friends? How do you know this?

Are you sure you aren't just imagining this? I'm not trying to be rude, but maybe your neighbors are just jerks but they're not really filming you. We have all known jerks at some point.
I did not notice it until I met some people that I don’t even know on the streets. They started harassing me and said the same thing my neighbors shout at me. They immediately took the phones out to see the footage and made fun of me. Of course, I know since I know what I did in my flat. They literally tell every single action, from me cooking to cleaning. I wish I’m imagining but they watch it everyday and comment about it ( shouting+ screaming). Anyway, thank you!

What they are doing - recording and spying on you - is illegal. Vegan issues aside. Don't worry about any perceived lack of evidence. It's the job of the police to investigate that. If it continues, continue to file charges. In no way should you have to tolerate this violation of your right to privacy.