Sharon Horder

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I'm trying to find out about Lidocaine as a trip to the dentist is looming. I can't seem to find out if the medicine is ethically sourced. Does anyone know if It's okay to have it injected into you. If not is there an alternative? I don't fancy root canal treatment without anaesthetic

I think a good "root canal dentist" will prioritize your specific situation and more so, your overall comfort and experience in their clinic.

Reactions: Lou
I don't think lidocaine is strong enough for a root canal. It is just a "numbing agent". Good for treating a particularly painful sore throat.
A root canal is considered oral surgery. You don't want to mess around. It's invasive and super painful. you want to have a local anesthetic. Just let the Dr do his job. It's not like it is something you have done very often.
Afterward, you can rely on regular over the counter pain relievers to keep the pain bearable and the swelling down.

I have the same problem and I would be very happy to find here some advice.

I have the same problem and I would be very happy to find here some advice.
Express your concern to your dentist. but keep in mind that most medicines are not entirely vegan. that is why we have the "practicable" escape clause.