Advertisement
  1. We have a moderator position available, click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you drink tea?

Discussion in 'General' started by Veganite, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Veganite
    Lurking

Veganite Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I was wondering if any other forum members are tea lovers like me. I mostly drink green tea, but I love herb teas as well. I do enjoy some white tea, and Jasmine as well in the morning, if I don't do the traditional green tea. My preference is for Sencha and Genmaicha.

I drink one cup of green tea in the morning, and usually just drink water after that during the day, but in the summer months I like tea in the afternoons. I grow my own mint, so often I use that or hibiscus. It makes delicious iced tea, which is also refreshing in the summer months.

What teas do you like?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lux
    Cheerful

Lux Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I have tried to teach myself to like tea, like I did with coffee in my early teens (love it now, but try to limit my intake to 2 or so cups a week) but it's proven to be very difficult. After literally years of trying different kinds and flavours I can these days have a cup of peppermint tea here and there but that's the only one I can say I like.

3. Evelyn Smith

Evelyn Smith Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Hi there, I am not a tea lover, but I heard many good reviews about natural drinks like green tea and detox tea which helps to stay fit and provide energy and they are available in many flavors. My friend is using detox tea for removing toxins from the body and according to her it is the best option to stay fit. I am also planning to add detox tea into my daily routine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4. gib
    Veggedout

gib Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Fresh mint tea for the win

• Like Like x 1
  5. brownmetalhead
    Question

brownmetalhead Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    As a vegetarian my whole life I'd have proper Indian chai every morning, but since going vegan I kinda stopped drinking tea. No particular reason, I just leaned towards black coffee a bit more (i blame uni for that as well). However, I started drinking Yerba Mate a few weeks ago. It tastes really good when its iced.

6. Catfriend

Catfriend New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I love loose-leaf black tea! I'm especially fond of teas from the Assam region and Sri Lanka.

7. Lesley

Lesley Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    I drink herbal tea mostly - green and mint teas. I would love to grow my own mint but I don't have green fingers.

8. Veganite
    Lurking

Veganite Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Anyone can grow mint. It's like a weed. In fact, if you don't isolate it in a pot or bed of its own, it will take over your garden.

9. Sax
    Classy

Sax Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Black tea on mornings I don't make coffee, sometimes chamomile tea in the evenings.