Does the charity vegfam still exist?

Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I would like to donate to help the poor, but I don't want to fund charities that give non-vegan food to the poor. I also don't want to donate a charity that does animal projects like Send-A-Cow (I think that this is cruel and wrong). I would like to donate to a vegan-friendly, non-religious charity that helps the poor. However, I can't find a good website for Vegfam online (I used Goodsearch, my main search engine. For those of you who don't know Goodsearch, it is an American search engine that, if you sign up and select a cause, a penny is earned and donated to your cause every time you search, or something like that. I would recommend that you go on Goodsearch and check it out. Pick a vegan and animal-friendly cause, no kill shelters, and start earning! It would be good to meet someone else who also uses Goodsearch on here).
Best of luck.

My Mum and Dad (Chris and Janet Aldous) set up Vegfam in 1963. In 1966they went overseas to complete some humanitarian aid in the Middle East hoping to go over to India. I was their baby in tow. Ruth Howard became Trustees in 1967 eventually taking over with son Frieden. Sadly Ruth died in the early 1990s and my Dad in 2020. I dont know whats become of the charity. I am desperately trying to find an article written about their humanitarian relief trip in 1966. I only have the title of the article not the publication. The article was called “The Hunger Situation in Turkey, Syria, Lebanon and Greece - A report of the findings of VEGFAM.' Anyone know where I can find it?