Advertisement
  1. Boo! Guest!

We're celebrating Halloween by turning the forum incredibly spooky! Though if you'd like to revert to the default theme click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ethical slippers?

Discussion in 'Products' started by caseylj8, Nov 28, 2016.

1. caseylj8

caseylj8 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I am looking for some house slippers to add to my Christmas list for my always cold feet. They must be vegan and preferably from a brand that has fair labor and eco-friendly initiatives (so not a $10 pair from Target). There are a lot of awesome websites with these standards that sell shoes but I have yet to find one that sells slippers.

My mom has sheepskin slippers that cover up to the ankle and have no sole which I really like the design of, but I'll take what I can find.

Do any of you have slipper recommendations? Thanks for your help!

2. Sally
    Joyful

Sally Active Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 1 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I suppose most slippers, if you disregard sheepskin or knitted, are made of man-made fibres. If you have no luck, maybe you could make a pair. Copy your mum's design.

3. Scott Yip

Scott Yip New Member

13b Mooral Ave, Punchbowl NSW 2196, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Try Fr33 Earth natural rubber thongs/flip flops Their thongs are made from natural rubber (a runny milky white liquid called latex). Latex is naturally made from the rubber plant otherwise known as Hevea Brasiliensis. Also it is PETA approved and for every thongs/flip flop you bought you give back to the community. Since they are a social enterprise working together w/ KIVA to end world poverty through social enterprise so its like you are changing the world one thong at a time. Check this out https://www.prlog.org/12694258-life-is-better-in-vegan-friendly-flip-flops.html.

4. Scott Yip

Scott Yip New Member

13b Mooral Ave, Punchbowl NSW 2196, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan