Advertisement
  1. Don't forget to participate in our Christmas competition! Click Here! for more information. :)
    Dismiss Notice

Farmer dad, wont approve of my choice

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Bill8, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Bill8

Bill8 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    So i finally went vegan 3 weeks ago after being Pescatarian for 5 months, my little brother has been Vegan for a year now, and my father is very aware of it, doesn't approve, and quite frankly doesn't understand (like most farmers)

I'm currently hiding it from him as i feel he may be disappointed as he's a farmer (mainly cider, but also raises beef cattle) and feels like people should be supporting the industry, do you think i should carry on keeping it a secret, or the next time i have a Sunday roast, explain to him why there is no meat on my plate..?

Is anyone else hiding it from their parents or certain people?

2. Ashley012115

Ashley012115 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I say explain it to him! Better to try and help people understand then to keep it a secret!

3. Emma JC
    Joyful

Emma JC Active Member

Ratings:
    +311 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    So, quick question, if you have been pescatarian for five months you haven't been eating beef during that time period either, no? I agree that hiding it is not a good idea and I would suggest contributing to the meals something tasty and vegan and not necessarily making it a topic of every conversation but just living it.

Emma JC