Figure skates

Milly

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Hello my name is Milly. I have been vegetarian since I was 9 years old and I'm now 17. About a year ago I decided to stop eating all dairy products, honey, eggs and I also stopped wearing wool. I am very concerned about animals and treating them with kindness and respect but I am not actually vegan because I wear leather. Not on my shoes, I would never buy it if I didn't have to, but on my figure skates. I am a competitive figure skater, I have been since I was very young, I train 20 hours a week and compete for the UK. It is my passion and the thing I love most in the whole world. But it requires I wear leather, as plastic boots are available but only for beginners, I am doing high level jumps and need more support in order not to break my ankles. I wish there was something I could do, need some help please.

Hi Milly

You can call yourself a vegan. If you can't then neither can I as I have a non-vegan cat I have to buy food for. I expect some vegans are on medication that has involved animal testing at some stage, or work in an industry that might in some way impact negatively on animals. It's very hard to be completely vegan in every respect in the present world, we can only do our best. The fact that you are vegan in every other way is wonderful and you should be very proud of yourself, not beating yourself up for something you cannot help. :)

Reactions: Milly