First post

kingrhubarb

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi. Hopefully you guys can help me. I know first time posters can often be a pain, but I'd like to stick around. I've been planning (procrastinating) on transitioning to a vegan diet for the last 6 months or so and I'm eating more and more vegan meals all the time, however, I've been cautious because I box and lift weights and didn't want to lose muscle mass, so I've been doing some reading on veganism in the mean time.

I'm also coming to the end of a Sport Science access course at college and I've chosen vegan diets as my research topic. This basically means I need to write an essay and base it around some primary research. My primary research is assessing the knowledge and awareness of healthy vegan diets amongst vegans and relating this to sport in some way. My line of thinking is assessing whether the amount of top level vegan athletes is proportional to the number of vegans in the population and drawing conclusions on whether this is due to dietary knowledge amongst vegans with regards to deficiencies and stuff.

Long story short, >please have a look at this post as well.< (edit by @winter.frost)

Hope you can help. Any questions I'll be following this thread and doing some browsing. This isn't a one post hit and run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Yes this is fine though in future best to separate saying 'hello' in one section and then advertising your survey in the separate Ads section. If you could go ahead and do that now, leaving a link to the new ad thread, that'd be great (it'd save me editing your post and it's important to acquaint yourself with the rules of a new forum before you post).

That being said, welcome. :) I will take a look at your survey now.

To be honest, I spent the day at Animal Free Festival in Camden doing the survey but my battery ran out (unprepared!) then I thought I'd post on the general section here as general sections are always the busiest. I'll go read the stickies now.

Hello and welcome! I wish you luck going vegan. getting Protien is not that difficult on a vegan diet. In fact people who eat lots of meat consume too much protein. In fact their are already weight lifters and athletes that adopt a vegan diet.

Welcome!
Transitioning from omnivore to vegan can be challenging for numerous reasons, but you won't regret doing it. I think it's awesome that you make an research on vegan diet -it's definitely more than what most bother doing, and will help you in the long run.