Good idea to stop dog owners hurting/killing cats and foxes?

Sam

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
21191976_126711141299895_3862912820385241913_n.jpg

The nose, the bridge of the nose, the way the eyes close, they even share the whiskers above the eyes and near the nose, etc etc etc closely genetically related FAMILY! You hurt a cat and you are hurting a large % of the biology of a dog too and vice versa, the separate names are just labels, the biology is whats real.

Even looks can be misleadingly different, but its the underlying structure from a cellular level that makes the animal what it is, we separate in our mind one species from another but they are not really separate its a blur of form. Some blur really close to each another at a cellular level, like a cat and a dog.

Because we cant see an animal at a cellular and genetic level (we can only see its external form at a macro level) we are often visually and emotionally blind to their similarities. So you could love dogs and anthropomorphize with them, but go and hunt badgers, and you would not feel any empathy for the badger until you knew this evolutionary fact. Then you would realize what you are doing and your empathy would expand as your brain grasps the concept, then the mammalian part of the brain will gradually get the message, then you'd feel empathy for the badger love hurt fear for the badger. Your anthropomorphism would expand in light of the facts. You'd think "doggie" as you looked at the badger and you'd not want to hunt him.

Also think about a chimpanzee, if you killed one, it would feel alot of the same emotional feelings a human feels, alot of the same physical pain, and it obviously looks quite human like, so you kill a chimp and you kill a large % of the biology of a human too, you are killing part of a man, but unlike with animals we dont anthropomorphize with the entire species of humans, but none the less the chimp is a really good example of what I mean since dogs and cats have a single common ancestor only 1 step back, and so does man and chimp.

This is obviously a little girl.........chimp, - im surprised we can treat chimps like animals I mean look at that , its so close to human child!

chimp_1476818c.jpg

So in short if you kill any cats you would be killing part of a dog too. Same goes for foxes, bears badgers etc

20543714_120637911907218_6330530850000951903_o.jpg

cats dogs, foxes, bears otters etc share alot of the same biology and are closely related. You can see the wolf in a cat (esp wild ones) the dog in a bear etc because they all come from a close common ancestor.

Hence why the hyena gets mistaken for a dog when its more cat.

Attachments

• 21558959_132153134089029_2680362406946510285_njfkl.jpg
    21558959_132153134089029_2680362406946510285_njfkl.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1
So anyway the idea is to shift the anthropomorphism that people have for ONLY ONE SPECIES (dog people cat people etc) over to a very closely related species, to help protect it from death, and cruelty.

Because dog people tend not to give a damn about cats and vice versa, but if onlt this fact was spread around it might change that, and create alot of good in the world!

Here we see a fox curled up in a ball like a cat and with the nose like a dog, looking almost the exact mix of a cat and dog almost 50 50 looking, I think thats why people love the fox so much unlike any other animal that isnt a pet, because it looks like our pets, and is related to them closely, but I bet people dont know that, I bet they dont know about that part of the evolutionary tree I bet its not common knowledge

21558959_132153134089029_2680362406946510285_njfkl.jpg

Last edited:
Wont work to stop people that like dogs and cats from eating cows and chickens because the 2 animals are quite far apart so the warm feelings they have for their pets wont shift, its also not factually close, it helps that dogs and cats are closely related and its a cast iron fact.

But hopefully synthetic meat will solve that problem in the not too distant future since it will be no doubt much faster cheaper and more efficient than keeping livestock .

Last edited: