Advertisement

Handbag/shoulder bag

Discussion in 'Products' started by kevnaff, Jul 31, 2018.

1. kevnaff

kevnaff New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegetarian
    I am hoping to buy my Vegan girlfriend a shoulder bag or handbag for her birthday. Ideally I am looking for something that is big enough to fit a medium sized laptop, and that is quite fancy.

Could anybody recommend any vegan brands?

I'm hoping to spend up to £70 so please take this in to consideration.

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Lou
    Cowabunga

Lou Active Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -1
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Shoulder bags are actually pretty easy to buy for vegans without even going to special brands. Lots of mainstream companies make synthetic bags.

There is one issue that may need to explored a little bit. Some apparel/ accessories will use small amounts of leather. Maybe as an accent or in a handle or a strap. Some vegans accept that. When I first became vegan there were very few vegan apparel companies. There were plenty of companies that only used small amounts of leather. You can find "almost vegan" bags at Eddie Bauer. Both my 30-year-old briefcase and my 20-year-old backpack are EB and only use small amounts of leather. But maybe today you don't need to compromise.

The first place I would look is at Patagonia. Not all their stuff is vegan. But its an ethical/responsible company and I feel good buying their products. I just checked and they have some nice bags. Not very fashionable but good functional bags.

Also, now that we are totally in the age of online shopping don't forget to check Amazon. They even have a vegan "marketplace". Just go on Amazon and search "vegan bags". Etsy is also a good place to shop.

Another good tool is Pinterest. You can probably pick out something you like with the pictures.

Just a couple of final thoughts. I wouldn't want anyone to buy me a bag. My requirements and tastes are very specific. Plus a bag can last for 10 maybe even 30 years. So you really want one you like.

Also, I once went on to a mall with my sister to shop for a bag. 4 hours and 40 stores later she finally found the "perfect" bag. I didn't say anything - but we saw that same bag in the first store. So, just saying.

3. Veganite
    Relaxed

Veganite Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    @Lou

Who would've thought a guy would know so much about handbags ;)

4. Lou
    Cowabunga

Lou Active Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -1
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Sisters.

5. Jinendra Singh
    Balanced

Jinendra Singh Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Doshi
    the super stylish and sophisticated vegan backpacks from Doshi are not only cruelty-free but better looking too, crafted with ample attention to detail. Designed for durability and versatility, the Pro Sport backpack is made from high-quality microfiber leather and heavy-duty nylon that will withstand wear and tear. It has adjustable straps and ample padding so it'll feel comfortable, no matter how much you carry. The several handy utility pockets make organizing easy, and the capacious interior make it idle for bustling commutes and long-haul travel alike.
    • Crafted from eco-friendly microfiber-based vegan leather and heavy-duty nylon shell
    • Padded and ventilated back
    • Multiple exterior and interior pockets for storage
    • Comes with a separate laptop sleeve

• Like Like x 1