Advertisement

Hello from new zealand!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sharko23, Jul 31, 2018.

1. sharko23

sharko23 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It's great to be part of this group!

I'm really excited to see more vegan products becoming available in New Zealand. We don't have a whole foods but the regular supermarkets are looking a lot more vegan friendly lately:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Veganite
    Relaxed

Veganite Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Welcome to the forum, from BC, Canada!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lou
    Cowabunga

Lou Active Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -1
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
  4. Emma JC
    Joyful

Emma JC Active Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    hi and welcome

Just a reminder that fruits, veggies, beans, legumes, pastas, most breads, rice, all grains etc are vegan.

Emma JC

• Like Like x 1
  5. Veganite
    Relaxed

Veganite Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I might add that we have a Whole Foods grocery here, where I live, and I rarely shop there. In fact I could count on one hand how many times I've been in there, and all because of the exorbitant prices. In my humble opinion, Whole Foods is way overrated.

The truth is here in Canada they really don't have much vegan specialty stuff, anyways, and not that I'm much into vegan processed foods, anyhow. To be quite honest, I really don't get the attraction. It's just a name, that sounds better than it is. If you actually stuck to the name, as in eating 'whole foods', then any grocery store is vegan.

I don't know if US stores are much different, but from what I've seen, I'd rather shop at my local grocery, where they actually have good produce sales. So no big loss on the Whole Foods, IMHO.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Emma JC
    Joyful

Emma JC Active Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Agree completely with you, Veganite. I went to Whole Foods about 10 years ago and never went back.

Our local Loblaws stores carry everything I could possibly want and there are numerous health food grocery stores available (we are blessed here) that carry everything else. Bulk nutritional yeast is the only thing that Loblaws doesn't carry that the other stores do. It is sooo much less expensive in bulk, it just doesn't have B12 added, that I know of.

Emma JC

7. sharko23

sharko23 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Whole Foods was like going to Disneyland when we first went there. You're right though, it's much better to eat real whole foods!

• Like Like x 2