Herbal Tea Question

sireki

Newcomer
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hello everyone,

I have a question about herbal tea and its benefits. I've recently started exploring different types of herbal teas, and I'm curious to learn more about their potential health benefits. I've heard that herbal teas can have various therapeutic properties, such as aiding digestion, promoting relaxation, and boosting the immune system. However, I'm wondering if anyone here has personal experiences with herbal teas and can share their insights. Are there any specific herbal teas that you swear by for certain health benefits? Any tips on how to incorporate herbal teas into a daily routine?

There are several good books on this topic. perhaps a trip to the library.

Perhaps I have immersed myself too deep in Victorian age literature but I have a cup of tea almost every day. Sometimes in the evening to prepare myself for sleep. I used to buy a more expensive brand but now I just get whatever is on sale at the supermarket.

Or I might have a cup of herbal tea with a snack. Maybe peppermint or Good Earth's apple-cinnamon

Sometimes in the afternoon I have a cup of tea with a "biscuit" as a pick me up. Right now I really like Chai for that - its made with black tea so it contains some caffeine.

Keep in mind that many of the health benefits of herbal teas are not scientifically proven.

Here is a good starter resource.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
welcome to the forum

Like most things, without scientific studies, it really is hard to tell - we cover our bases by drinking bancha green tea every day in the afternoon and just keep filling it back up until dinner time. At the very least it increase the amount of water we take in.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Hello everyone,

I have a question about herbal tea and its benefits. I've recently started exploring different types of herbal teas, and I'm curious to learn more about their potential health benefits. I've heard that herbal teas can have various therapeutic properties, such as aiding digestion, promoting relaxation, and boosting the immune system. However, I'm wondering if anyone here has personal experiences with herbal teas and can share their insights. Are there any specific herbal teas that you swear by for certain health benefits? Any tips on how to incorporate herbal teas into a daily routine?
I'm trying to drink more teas myself
I have either chamomile or roobois before bed.
Green tea after breakfast. Really want to get white as the green is kinda iffy on my stomach
I love hibiscus cold, but it is good to lower blood pressure and mine is already low, so I had to quit.

• Informative
I'm trying to drink more teas myself
I have either chamomile or roobois before bed.
I was really into the series the Number One Ladies Detective Agency. So when I learned that the Republic of Tea had a line of teas inspired by the novel I had to go get some.

The one I tried and liked was Precious’ Cup of Comfort Vanilla Red Bush Tea

Next I should try the
97 Per Cent Citrus Ginger Bush Tea
This tea is clearly dedicated to Grace Makutsi, Mma Ramotswe's assistant detective at The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, who so triumphantly scored 97% on her Botswana secretarial exam. Made with 97% green rooibos and 3% red rooibos, this tea is bright, aggressive and a tad bit bitter, much like Mma Makutsi herself.​

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and silva
I haven't tried too many of them: only chamomile, catnip. and peppermint so far. I like them all, and have some peppermint growing in my garden (in a place where it will be easy to control!!! Like most mints, it will take over if given a chance). Strange thing about catnip tea, though: although all my cats have liked catnip, they had absolutely no interest in catnip tea- even cooled. I guess whatever is in catnip that cats like is driven off or destroyed by the heat of teamaking.

So far, I don't know from personal experience if they have health benefits. I customarily drink plenty of water anyway.