Advertisement
  1. We need your feedback to shape the future of the forum click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

High-end elegant vegan dinner experience march 23

Discussion in 'Food' started by jhanc, Feb 16, 2019.

?

Do you splurge for date night?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jhanc
    Happy

jhanc Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Citizen Mustard is doing one of their one-off dinner events in March! Seating is limited - it is a really impressive fancy date night or gift for someone who loves experiences, food, and generally being wined & dined.

Tickets are $245 each and include valet and a cocktail hour followed by a 2-hour multi-course sit down dinner with wine pairings in an exclusive LA modern home temporarily transformed into a high end luxury restaurant. Gratuity is included as well.

Everything is plant-based, the pairings are specifically sourced vegan wines, and each ticket purchase includes a donation to charity. Chef & owner Megan Marlow can generally accommodate allergies if discussed beforehand.

Tickets will go fast! This is definitely a "treat yo'self" splurge - if you can swing it, it's well worth it.

[​IMG]

2. Sax
    Busy

Sax Active Member

Ratings:
    +325 / 1 / -4
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Is this a charity benefit? You could feed a lot of people for $245. At a certain point indulgence becomes selfish and wasteful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TofuRobot
    Curious

TofuRobot Active Member

Ratings:
    +451 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Yes, sometimes I "splurge," but splurging for me right now is taking my kid to dinner for under $25. If I had a spare $245, I'd buy tickets to one of the dinners hosted at The Gentle Barn, where the $ would at least go to the animals (and I could go pet them). =)

4. jhanc
    Happy

jhanc Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    No, this is not at all a charity benefit and I apologize if I misrepresented it :) - please let me know what I said that caused the confusion, I would like to learn from it.

Citizen Mustard is a pop-up restaurant somewhat like Outstanding In The Field. The cost goest towards paying the staff, renting the location, sourcing the best plant-based ingredients, valet, and other costs of running a 9 course pop-up dinner. The small business donates 5% of profits to charity and the chef is passionate about elevating vegan and plant-based food in order to show that you can do luxury without contributing to the horror show of the animal products industry.

5. jhanc
    Happy

jhanc Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    That's great! :) I love The Gentle Barn.