How do i convince my parents

Soffiare

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Omnivore
Hello!
Before I say anything you should know that I have a restrictive Eating Disorder as a result of a heavy depression and severe OCD.
I am very interested I'm becoming vegan and I believe that it could help me add more variety to my diet, however I foresee my parents being very against it because of my ED. While I am currently stable I was once severely malnourished so their concerns would be fully understandable. But this is really important to me and I would actually be eating more foods that I am now.
Anyways the conversation will be hard no matter what I say and I would appreciate any advice regarding the situation

If they are not supportive the first time, that might change if they see you are serious. Keep trying and make sure that if you decide this is something you are serious about that they know that.

One way to handle it is to not suddenly go vegan, but do it in stages.

You could announce that you want to try a mostly vegetarian diet, but still have occcassional meat. A very accepted position nowadays both culturally and nutritionally.

If that works, you could further say you want to go fully vegeterian.

If that works, you could say you want to do vegan.

It also depends on whether you live with your parents, do you help with the cooking etc.

I
If they are not supportive the first time, that might change if they see you are serious. Keep trying and make sure that if you decide this is something you are serious about that they know that.

One way to handle it is to not suddenly go vegan, but do it in stages.

You could announce that you want to try a mostly vegetarian diet, but still have occcassional meat. A very accepted position nowadays both culturally and nutritionally.

If that works, you could further say you want to go fully vegeterian.

If that works, you could say you want to do vegan.

It also depends on whether you live with your parents, do you help with the cooking etc.

I live with them and I don't help much with the cooking but I have been learning how to do it and I theoretically know how to make several vegan recipes. As for the stages I think it would be easier for them to accept it or maybe I could do like a trial week win veganism. I still haven't told them just how much I want to go vegan but I will be open to options

lete me know how you get on. Try one recipe to start with. I made brownies yesterday.