How often do you bath your pet

Annabellam

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi guys. So i have a dog named Sammy, love him to bits. Problem is, he really gives me trouble grooming and am getting tired of the numerous trips to the groomers especially for a bath. So was wondering if anyone has a dog pet, and how often you bath them? On seeing my desperation a workmate recommended this Booster Bath Was wondering if anyone here has used it and whether it actually works?

Hi.
Is this a case of anxiety about grooming? If so, why don't you try tying him up temporarily to hold him still, talking to him gently and calmly whilst petting him and giving him treats whilst you groom him? This may make him feel more calm and reassured, and may help him learn to associate grooming with positive things...
Best of luck.

Hi guys. So i have a dog named Sammy, love him to bits. Problem is, he really gives me trouble grooming and am getting tired of the numerous trips to the groomers especially for a bath. So was wondering if anyone has a dog pet, and how often you bath them? On seeing my desperation a workmate recommended this Booster Bath Was wondering if anyone here has used it and whether it actually works?
I have read that it's bad to bath a dog too often. Once every 2 to 3 months is enough. My dog loves fetching things. We live near the sea and he loves swimming after sticks I throw in. Try to make swimming fun and take it very gradually. I always bath him myself. He's not too keen on baths but accepts it. I talk to him all the time and tell him what a good dog he is while he's being washed. I dry him with a big towel and make it into a hide and seek game - he likes this. I always leave washing his head till last because he hates this but I wash his face very quickly and then whisk him out of his bath quickly.
Dogs like playing. Try to make it into a game.