How to moisturize your skin in winters??

john21

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi there, i am looking for vegan natural brand moisturizer for my skin. i have dry skin and in every winters i get rashes on my skin and itching. now i am scared because winter is coming and it would be horrible for me unless i don't find a good and healthy moisturizer for my skin. please recommended me. thank you. have a great day

I would recommend you use shea butter, aloe vera or coconut oil. I wash my face in coconut oil but some people use it as a moisturizer, I have used it as "lotion" on my chest or legs.

These natural moisturizers are very effective and cheap. When I was growing up my African American friends always used cocoa butter. You can buy this lotion very cheaply and it has a pleasant scent and deep moisturizing effect, if you need an actual lotion.

I lived in a Mediterranean climate for a huge portion of my adult life so far, and really got by with things like coconut oil and sunscreen. My face hasn't aged that significantly but I will attribute that to actually investing money into facial moisturizers. Not anymore but in that climate my one vanity besides essential oils was facial moisturizer. I recommend this to anyone in a dry climate, go for the Alba/Mad Hippie/Youth to the People/Burt's Bees. If you are going to save anything, save your face.

I live in a temperate rain forest now and barely even wash my face anymore with anything except plain water but I know the reality of the Mediterranean or desert climate. If your only options are things like Walgreens or CVS go for JASON or Pacifica or Avalon Organics Vitamin C lotion I used that for a while. You can also use straight vitamin E.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Heyyy im so glad i came accross this section i am currently using this the hydrating night cream from virginic twice a day because i happen to suffer from dry skin ESPECIALLY during the winters..

I am using natural oils. Mostly coconut and jojoba. They are great for hair too :) I am scared that creamy moisturizers have chemicals or alcohol (even if this is not mentioned on the label).

Reactions: TofuRobot
Heyyy im so glad i came accross this section i am currently using this the hydrating night cream from virginic twice a day because i happen to suffer from dry skin ESPECIALLY during the winters..

Hi, is this the right one???? the one on www(dot)virginic(dot)com?? because its the only one i found and ordered. Please let me know because I always see Virginic being reccommended. I have a question are they vegan?? and do they have transparency meaning can i know exactly what is put in the product? thank you dear