It`s never too late.

tokethehighroad

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi everyone,
I`m Mick and, after being vegetarian for most of my adult life, have recently gone vegan aged 67.
Since retiring two years ago I have had more spare time on my hands, some of which, especially recently, I`ve spent watching documentaries on, and generally reading stuff, regarding vegan lifestyle and animal abuse in farming etc.
I felt I had no option but to go vegan, as my scruples wont allow me to be party to what I have learned.

Anyway, I`m looking forward to learning more and sharing knowledge with you all. Stay loose guys!

Great stuff. Good for you. Do you think if you were trying to convince others your age to go vegan, would you use the health or ethical argument?

Hi Jamie, good question.
Given that a higher proportion people of my age will have health issues I`d probably put more into the health side than if I were speaking to someone younger. That said I would use both argunents to both young and old.

Hi everyone,
I`m Mick and, after being vegetarian for most of my adult life, have recently gone vegan aged 67.
Since retiring two years ago I have had more spare time on my hands, some of which, especially recently, I`ve spent watching documentaries on, and generally reading stuff, regarding vegan lifestyle and animal abuse in farming etc.
I felt I had no option but to go vegan, as my scruples wont allow me to be party to what I have learned.

Anyway, I`m looking forward to learning more and sharing knowledge with you all. Stay loose guys!
Good luck, Mick. I was vegetarian first and found that easier but in the end 3/4 of my food was vegan so I took the plunge. I won't say I never regress. It's difficult to refuse vegetarian food from a friend who is carnivore and has made the effort to prepare something specially for me. But I keep trying and thinking about those poor animals.