Advertisement

Its a moo-racle!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Shelby, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Shelby

Shelby New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Hello everyone!
    Im Shelby and new to both this forum and veganism. I have been a vegetarian for about 7 years but still ate dairy. For over a decade of my life I have been mysteriously ill. This illness has even bed ridden me, caused an eating disorder, and severe depression and anxiety. The health complications I was facing impacted every part of my body, everyday of my life. After cycling through doctors, (and none believing me that something was wrong) I found a doctor who connected my illness to a severe sensitivity to all cow products. I have been dairy/cow free for a week now. Im very excited but scared to embark on this new journey!

For the first 3 days of my new diet I felt reborn, absolutely incredible. Now I am SO tired, headaches, sniffly, coughy, achey, cranky! I was warned that I would experience a die-off and/or symptoms similar to withdrawal so Im trying to hang in there!

One of my biggest concerns with the new diet is trying all these new foods so I can broaden my horizon. Im a very picky eater but I want to be open minded. If you have any advice, Im open!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nekodaiden

Nekodaiden Active Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Welcome, Shelby.

Many of us go into a transition period where the body starts to clean itself and adjust to new eating habits. For me, this was going to the bathroom a lot. It will probably vary depending on what kind of animal foods were habits in your life. If you are coming from a place of disease and now have cut out the source or main contributor to it, I'd imagine in the first few days/weeks your body is going to take the opportunity to clean up.

Congrats on getting past dairy. Cheese and milk were never big consumption items for me even when I was eating animal products, so I can't speak to any symptoms/addictions directly related to them from experience.

3. Shelby

Shelby New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Thank you for your reply. The main reason I joined this forum is to ease into a supportive community and to learn from more experienced people. Over a decade of my body constantly fighting this harmful substance I was feeding it, its going to take time to heal. Im only the most impatient person ever.