Ladies, advice please! stopping birth control in the new year

Lenore Nevermore

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
After six years of being on birth control against my will (my mother forced me in high school,) I have finally made the decision to no longer take it, mainly due to being vegan. I do not want any animal products or other nasty ingredients in my body any longer. What should I be expecting in terms of period problems and is there anything I can do to improve my cycles once they go all out of whack? (Unfortunately my pill pack runs out in the middle of my period) I have always had extremely irregular periods and was once anemic because I had my period for so long. Since I started the pill when I was 16, I can't predict what my body will do now. (22 now) My husband is mostly supportive of my decision, but I want to be extra prepared in continuing to prevent pregnancy. Even with being on the pill, I still closely monitor my cycle and when I'm ovulating, so I know when it is and isn't safe to have sex (and yes, I am aware that sperm lives up to 5 days) We are rarely sexually active, usually only once every 1-3 months because I have a slew of health problems and having sex often goes against my spiritual beliefs. I am curious if there is any effective way of detecting the chance of pregnancy when my period is irregular and I can't properly track my ovulation. I've heard of a thermometer that claims to have 93% accuracy, but you can never be too sure.

Maddie Lymburner has a video about a device that she uses - maybe it will be helpful for you.

Emma JC