Advertisement

Mayonnaise

Discussion in 'Products' started by nobody, Jun 30, 2018.

1. nobody

nobody Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -1
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    A lot of people like Vegenaise and I used to be one of them. Then I discovered Just. Compared to Just, Vegenaise is slimy and terrible. Unlike other vegan mayonnaises I have seen, which are always sold in the special natural/organic section of the grocery store, Just is sold in the regular mayonnaise section, and unlike Vegenaise, it does not require refrigeration before you open it, just like regular mayonnaise. I addition to Just, another vegan mayonnaise is sold in the regular mayonnaise section now, which is Hellman’s Vegan Mayonnaise. I have not tried this, but I assume it’s similar to Just, so it’s probably pretty good.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  2. Pops
    Bookworm

Pops Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Not a lot of difference in the ingredients, aside from one is mainly soy and the other pea protein. I might be inclined, personally, to buy the product without Calcium Disodium EDTA.

https://www.isitbadforyou.com/questions/is-calcium-disodium-edta-bad-for-you

JUST - Ingredients: Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Water, Modified Food Starches, White Distilled Vinegar, Sugar, Contains less than 2% of Garlic Puree (garlic, citric acid), Lemon Juice Concentrate, Pea Protein, Salt, Spice, Tapioca Maltodextrin, Fruit and Vegetable Juice (color), Calcium Disodium EDTA (preservative).

Veganaise - Ingredients: Organic Expeller-Pressed Soybean Oil, Filtered Water, Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Sea Salt, Organic Soy Protein, Organic Mustard Flour, Organic Lemon Juice Concentrate. Contains: Soy

3. Lou
    Boxed In

Lou Active Member

Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I usually get Veganaise, but one day I was at Trader Joes and all they had was their own brand of "Reduced Fat Mayonaise". It's eggless and dairy free. I don't like it that much though.

Recently I have found I really like vegan aioli. I recently ran out so I don't know the brand. I get the garlic flavored one.

I plan not on buying any more until I finish the TJ mayo. I'm afraid it might go bad.

4. Kellyr

Kellyr Active Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I've never been a fan of mayo at all, really. I used to eat Miracle Whip instead. Haven't found a decent replacement for that. But I did purchase JUST Mayo by recommendation of a friend who's omni and he says it's better than traditional mayo. I use it when I make chickpea salad or when I have the occasional veggie burger.

5. amberfunk

amberfunk Active Member

Ratings:
    +164 / 2 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Veganaise is still my favorite but due to cost I buy just mayo instead. I find veganaise to taste lighter than just. I've tried the hellman's and I don't like it as much. It's more vinegary than just. Aldi's also has their own brand of eggless mayo but it's way too oily.