Mcdonald's fries

Damo

Forum Legend
Reaction score
So ignoring this question that hasn't been updated since 2011, McDonald's french fries are apparently not vegan or vegetarian because they contain a "natural beef flavour" ingredient. Generally I Google for a restaurants ingredient list because it's officially on the restaurants website so it should be correct right? Apparently not.

So much for "McDonald's French Fries are officially accredited by the Vegetarian Society."

So yeah, McDonald's fries totally not vegan or vegetarian. Wouldn't be surprised if they do something to their vegetable bags or carrot bags... Who knows? Sucks.

Source
And another
And one more

Yeah, I read about that years ago, they said the reason McDonald's fries have their unique (unique-ish?) flavor is because they're cooked in beef fat/oil, or something like that, but something definitely derived from beef.

EDIT: Just saw you linked something about that, lol, whoops

Yeah, I read about that years ago, they said the reason McDonald's fries have their unique (unique-ish?) flavor is because they're cooked in beef fat/oil, or something like that, but something definitely derived from beef.

EDIT: Just saw you linked something about that, lol, whoops

Stupid that they still list this on their official site.

Once at the restaurant our fries are simply cooked in dedicated frying vats in a non-hydrogenated blend of sunflower and rapeseed oil which is 100 percent suitable for vegetarians. McDonald's French Fries are officially accredited by the Vegetarian Society."

Though it apparently has been updated as of August 2017? So I thought they would have updated the information... How odd.

So ignoring this question that hasn't been updated since 2011, McDonald's french fries are apparently not vegan or vegetarian because they contain a "natural beef flavour" ingredient. Generally I Google for a restaurants ingredient list because it's officially on the restaurants website so it should be correct right? Apparently not.

So much for "McDonald's French Fries are officially accredited by the Vegetarian Society."

So yeah, McDonald's fries totally not vegan or vegetarian. Wouldn't be surprised if they do something to their vegetable bags or carrot bags... Who knows? Sucks.

Source
And another
And one more
Nooo why?!?!?! They are so good though. ☹

McDonald's is one of the worst corporations in the world. I don't like to give them my money, even for an iced tea or cup of coffee...pretty much nothing is vegan there except for apple slices and a plain side salad with no dressing. Hardly worth stopping in, even for vegetarians, I'm quite sure they're using beef tallow and lard in things like breakfast biscuits, because I know it's in their fry oil.

In the U.S. you can go to Carl's Jr. or In N Out, or Jack in the Box for vegan french fries, curly spiced fries, or hash brown nuggets. Carl's Jr. also has a teriyaki rice bowl that you can order with double veggies, and no chicken. In n Out will put all of their veggie toppings on a bun for you, but you'd have to bring your own vegan mayo or special sauce. Jack in the Box is just good for fries and hash browns mostly but apparently they also have a vegan breakfast blueberry muffin.

When I lived in the city I sometimes got Arby's french fries and dipped them in Arby-Q sauce, they also have vegan fruit turn overs....I live in a place now where fast food restaurants are forbidden. No I'm not joking we have some sort of zoning laws here where in a few mile radius we only have local small businesses, grocery stores, co-ops and family owned restaurants. There's a Subway on the edge of town I have no idea how they snuck in, I'm guessing they were grandfathered in before the zoning laws went into effect.