Mood on first month

newbievegan

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I am curious if anyone suffer on the beginning of vegan diet from side effects as a male.
It has been 3 weeks and i feel i lost my libido and do not want to do anything as i do before
going vegan. Any ideas.

Quote: Plant Muncher Sep 11 2017 https://veganforum.org/threads/hair-loss.1813/#post-7179

“If I have learned one thing after joining this forum, it is that people tend to associate becoming vegan with any future health issues, changes, or side-effects good or bad. If there is an actual association, I can't say, but it seems like the tendency is to attribute becoming vegan with this or that physical change. In reality, the cause and effect relationship seems rather circumstantial since people don't become vegans in a vacuum. I don't know if people are trying to rationalize not continuing their vegan lifestyles by associating symptoms that may or may not be related to their new diet but I would bet anything that much of what people consider "side-effects" of going vegan would probably have occurred in the course of their lives anyway. I'm not saying that going vegan can't have physical consequences for some folks, I just don't believe that there are as many genuinely associated "side-effects" as are detailed in this forum. But that is just my opinion. I guess it probably comes from the lack of any real adverse side-effects from own transition and I have been a regular carnivore for like 58 years. I was never even a vegetarian until 9 months ago.”

The tabloids are going to have a field day once they learn that we vegans are suffering from loss of hair and loss of libido! :mad:

I am curious if anyone suffer on the beginning of vegan diet from side effects as a male.
It has been 3 weeks and i feel i lost my libido and do not want to do anything as i do before
going vegan. Any ideas.

Hey, we started at the same time. I was feeling the same way until 2 days ago. I started eating more & that helped a lot.