My leather

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I have a dilemma. As a motorcycle enthusiast, I am very well leathered. I've ridden motorcycles for as long as I can remember. My leather would or can potentially last me the rest of my life. It's in that good of condition. While I am all for veganism for the same reasons as everyone, I feel caught between a proverbial rock and hard place. I no longer wish to support animal cruelty, and killing, but doesn't wearing leather make me a hypocrite?

As a rather new vegan, I still feel quite passionate about that aspect of veganism. It just doesn't make sense to me to sell all my leather. The animals that contributed to that leather clothing are long since dead. Nothing is going to change that. However, I still feel like a hypocrite calling myself a vegan, only to be seen wearing leather...and I'm not talking just a little bit. I'm talking complete biker garb, chaps, jacket, vest, and boots.

Do I sell or should I keep my leather? I can't afford to replace the gear with Kevlar lined synthetics. I honestly wouldn't care what my riding peers say if I showed up for a ride in synthetic gear. What to do?

I don't see why you shouldn't keep it. You've had it for a long time especially since you can't afford to replace it. You can always replace it in the future.