Natural dog food?

Duriana

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I've recently become more concerned about what's in my dog's food and did like the look of the ingredients list. wheat and corn were listed first. It's a prescription diet for dogs with digestive issues since mine does throw up occasionally. And she recently has gotten arthritis, which I was reading can trace back to their food. I would prefer to not make her vegan btw. So does anyone have any recommendations for natural dog food? (And preferably not crazy expensive?) Thanks!

Reactions: Vegan Dogs
I've recently become more concerned about what's in my dog's food and did like the look of the ingredients list. wheat and corn were listed first. It's a prescription diet for dogs with digestive issues since mine does throw up occasionally. And she recently has gotten arthritis, which I was reading can trace back to their food. I would prefer to not make her vegan btw. So does anyone have any recommendations for natural dog food? (And preferably not crazy expensive?) Thanks!
Hi.
I'm not a dog carer at the moment, but I do love dogs and know a lot about them. I would recommend the dog food "Fish4Dogs". Even a dog behaviourist who reviewed them was singing their praise! https://www.fish4dogs.com/
Best of luck
Have a great day!

This is what we give our dogs. My partner, who feeds the dogs mostly is not vegan.
Rice, 1 small mug cooked in microwave
4 potatoes
2 carrots
1 pkt macedoine (mixed veg)
1 570g jar white beans

Cook the above 4 ingredients in a big casserole and leave to go cold
Add ½ turkey roll chopped
We have 3 dogs, 1 cavalier, 2 beagles. The above recipe keeps them fed for 3 days. I intend to use quinoa instead of turkey roll when I take over the feeding.
We do give them some other treats, apple slices and frankfurters (I don't give any meat) . I have been surprised what dogs like. One of the beagles loves lettuce. I have found various vegan dog food recipes on the web and we prefer to make our dog food ourselves, having seen the long list of unknown ingredients in many of the dried dog foods. I refuse to believe that dogs can only be healthy if fed meat.

Hi.
I'm not a dog carer at the moment, but I do love dogs and know a lot about them. I would recommend the dog food "Fish4Dogs". Even a dog behaviourist who reviewed them was singing their praise! https://www.fish4dogs.com/
I am very concerned about the enormous amount of plastic granules which find their way into fish as a result of our abuse of the marine environment. I would think twice before giving my dogs fish. Having said that, I am not very keen on any factory made products which claim to be "food".

Reactions: Vegan Dogs
Golden Paste is a good vegan dog aid for arthritis in dogs...thousands of healthy vegan dogs and cats out there. I did a blog page summary of links to Bramble the vegan Guinness world book of records in 2002 vegan dog who lived 25 years healthily. plus little tyke the vegetarian lioness true story. if it were unhealthy or not possible those as well as the thousands of others would not have thrived and lived so long. take a read ! http://vegan-information.com/Vegan_Dogs_and_Cats.html

Attachments

• golden paste.jpg
    golden paste.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 2