Need vegan meal ideas

Julia

Newcomer
Reaction score
My mom has watched What the health. She is now keen on going vegan.
She is a picky eater. She does not like any veggies or grains for that matter.
She knows it will be hard. However, wishes to attempt starting out slow getting use other food other then the constant food she eats now.
Hence I need some help coming up with creative meals.

Spaghetti with light life meatballs is good. You can make tacos with gardein beefless ground, beyond meat or light life ground. I started out with making some of my favorite meals vegan and I felt really proud of myself and accomplished at that. You could do that for your mom. There is a mac and cheese recipe if I can find it where you put veggies in it as part of the cheese sauce and you don't notice it.

I really like this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAbKLYEuTR1riockIgAWBiw
She really helped with some food ideas and she's pretty creative as well. Such as vegan lox if you're into that kind of thing. I recommend the carrot one. It turned out to taste just like it. Does take quite a bit of time though so be prepared for that.

Excuse wall of text. These are some of my favourites:
Cajun Vegan Chilli Serves 6 190 calories each 3 Tbs olive oil 2 red onions, 3 mixed peppers, 1-2 courgette, 1 large aubergine,
4-6 tsp Cajun spice mix, 800g tin tomatoes, 400gm tin kidney beans, drained (= 100 gms beans!) 250g -300g bag of young spinach

Put olive oil, diced red onions, mixed peppers, courgettes, large aubergine and Cajun spice mix in a large saucepan.Cook over a medium heat for about 10 mins. Add tomatoes and kidney beans and simmer for a further 15 mins. Finally, stir through spinach.

Cajun Spice Mix 2 tsp salt 1 tsp cayenne 1 tsp paprika

1 tsp black pepper 1 tsp oregano

Veg Curry 2 onions 6 cloves garlic 1 tsp olive oil ,curry pdr, 800g tomatoes, 1 x 300g aubergine, 1 red pepper,large 1 green pepper 1 courgette, water. Serve with bean mash.

Skinny spag bol 2 cups TVP 3 cups veg stock OR (boiling water + 3 Oxo cubes)

2 tsp Marmite Salt and pepper 2 large onions, diced 6 garlic cloves, crushed 4 celery sticks, diced 2 red peppers, diced 400g mushrooms, 1 tsp mixed herbs 1 tsp mixed spice 2 x 800g tins tomatoes chopped 6 tbsp tomato purée 1 or 2 courgettes

Rehydrate TVP in veg stock and Marmite, s+p.

Add onion, garlic, celery and pepper to the pan and cook gently for 2-3 mins until softened.

Add all other ingredients and bring to boil. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 mins. Serve with bean mash.

Jeannie’s Soup 1 parsnip, 1 large onion, 1 large carrot, broccoli – 1 shop bought bunch, 2 medium potatoes (1 sliced, 1 cubed), 4 oz mushrooms, handful red lentils, 1 tin chickpeas, bouquet garni (parsley, thyme, bay leaf), 1 stock cube, 1½ - 2 pints water, marmite Chop it all up and cook for 20-30 minutes. Serve with bean mash.

Briam 2 medium onions, 4 bulbs of garlic, 4 or 5 medium potatoes, 1 or 2 courgettes, 2 large green or red bell peppers, 4 or 5 medium tomatoes, 2 carrots and/or parsnips, Paprika, 1 pinch, 1 small tin tomate frito, 2 Oxo cubes, 1/8 litre of olive oil, pasata, Oregano, parsley, rosemary, provençal herbs, any fresh herbs. Serve with bean mash.

Ratatouille 1 onion, 3 garlic cloves, 1 green and 1 red pepper, 1 chilli pepper, 2 courgettes, 1 aubergine, 6 tomatoes, pinch basil, s&p, 1 can tomate doble concentrado, ¼ pint water. Serve with bean mash.

Mixed bean Goulash 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 large onion, 1.5 Tbsp smoked paprika, 400g can chopped tomatoes, garlic, 400g can mixed beans, rinsed, 1 oxo cube, 100ml red wine*, 1 tsp oregano, 1 teaspoon tomato puree*, 1 small green pepper, sliced* s+p * optional

For when you want something quick and easy and don't mind if it's simple:

Breakfast

Mushroom + tomato + toast/bread

Fruit

Cereal

Lunch/Dinner

Pasta + veg + peppers

Rice + veg

Soy/lentil Burger + chips

Black bean burrito/tacos (I like sweetcorn in mind, or rice, or lettuce, avocado, tomata etc) + salad

Jacket potato + whatever you like

Vegetable lasagna

Sandwiches: vegan cheese with either tomato, onion or lettuce

Here are some suggestions:
1. Spaghetti or pasta with just a tomato sauce (she will need to make sure that the spaghetti/pasta is 100% plant-based and doesn't contain egg).
2. Jam sandwiches made with vegan bread and vegan spread, fruit and a vegan wafer.
3. Tofu in Szechuan tomato sauce with rice (if she likes rice, if not pasta).
4. Homemade, vegan tomato soup.
5. A vegan burger in a bun with ketchup and/or vegan mayo.
6. Vegan croissant (Jusroll make-your-own croissants are vegan, believe it or not).
7. Vegan cereals with rice, soya, hemp, hazelnut, almond or cashew milk. Bran flakes, Scott's So Easy porridge, Weetabix, Rice Crispies, Cornflakes are some of the cereals that I sometimes have.
8. Vegetable Cuppa Soup (she might not mind those veggies as much as fresh vegetables).
9. Vegan Macaroni and Cheese (you can now get vegan maccy cheese from Tesco's, and Amy's Kitchen also do one, which I personally don't like, but your mother might like it).
10. Vegan Fishless Fish fingers.
11. A tofu dog in a bun with ketchup, vegan mayo, vegan soy sauce and/or vegan mustard.
Best of luck.

My mom has watched What the health. She is now keen on going vegan.
She is a picky eater. She does not like any veggies or grains for that matter.
She knows it will be hard. However, wishes to attempt starting out slow getting use other food other then the constant food she eats now.
Hence I need some help coming up with creative meals.
Try Amaranth, very versatile and a complete protein. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and a vegan sweetener this makes a great breakfast. Flavor with savory seasonings this makes a great dinner dish.