News round-up Nov/Dec

W

winter.frost

Hi all. If you like the idea of having a major vegan news round-up from time to time, let me know and I'll make it a regular feature!

See article here.

I don't know if anyone here has been keeping up with the story but the American Egg Board & Unilever filed a lawsuit against Just Mayo - a vegan mayonnaise company - arguing that the product was not, in fact, mayonnaise and could neither call itself mayonnaise (or, indeed 'mayo'). Initially AEB/U were set to win, then Unilever pulled out following a huge public backlash, and now the case has been overturned by the American FDA after it was discovered that AEB was maliciously targeting Just Mayo after a series of emails were released under the Freedom of Information Act.

This is actually a huge win for the world over and this unsuccessful lawsuit against Just Mayo will be used to set a precedent for other vegan products. Go us!

In other recent(ish) news, did you catch last month's announcement from huge stout drinks company Guinness that they will be making all their products vegan?

Until next time... maybe.

Reactions: Damo
I knew that Guinness was apparently going to make their beer vegan though nothing about the lawsuit against Just Mayo.

Interesting stuff! :)