Advertisement
  1. Boo! Guest!

We're celebrating Halloween by turning the forum incredibly spooky! Though if you'd like to revert to the default theme click here.
    Dismiss Notice

[pho noodle soup] what i eat as a *cold* canadian

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Friendly Carrot, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Friendly Carrot

Friendly Carrot New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    What did you guys eat today? I've been stuck in a rut lately eating kind of the same thing.

Today I ate: a simple oatmeal, white bean & kale soup & a miso based 'Pho' noodle soup.
    You can watch what i ate today in the video below.

For the noodle soup I used dehydrated 'beef' soy protein that was super bomb and easy to work with. I highly reccomend trying it out because it tasted exactly how I remember beef in pho. I found it at a local vietnamese restaurant but I'm sure you can also find it at most Asian grocery stores. My was in a no-name package but it's exactly like what you see below:

[​IMG]

If you want to see how I made my noodle soup, watch this video

Looking for more recipes ideas with this mock beef... any suggestions?? :)

2. Veganite
    Approved

Veganite Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +588 / 1 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I love stir-fries as a vegan. They are so easy to put together, quickly, and would pair well with any mock meat.

I would also recommend things like mock meat fajitas, burritos, quesadillas, and even tacos. I think most ethnic cuisines would have something that can be veganized for this purpose. Even something like a Middle-Eastern Gyro, or just a nice wrap with some yummy veggie fillings along with your mock beef.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Friendly Carrot

Friendly Carrot New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    The Mexican food sounds like a legit idea. My mind was totally only focusing on only what Asian foods I could make.
    I was even thinking a shawarma would be yummy too with some homemade hummus and of course lots of fresh veg.

Thanks! :)

• Like Like x 1