Pruitt is out!

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Long overdue. I'm going to celebrate.

212704_600.jpg

I'm not celebrating yet because his replacement is allegedly just as evil but smarter than Pruitt so likely more effective.

The problem is also that our Left is so hypocritical (Obama's airline miles, Hillary's ties to big oil, Al Gore's wastefully huge fossil fuels sucking mansion, and environmental science professors snacking on cheeseburgers) that the paranoid ignorant right thinks climate change is a scam to curtail the free markets.

Our Left is garbage. That's why this is happening.

Yeah, :(
After I posted that I found out that the guy replacing Pruitt is a former Coal Lobbyist. When he was a coal lobbyist he wrote an action plan to cut the EPA in half.

I'm not celebrating yet because his replacement is allegedly just as evil but smarter than Pruitt so likely more effective.

Dark days for the environment. My optimism is gone, which is what foes of environmental protection want.

As someone who studies environmental science, what gives you hope?

That's why I'm such a rabble rouser. Our hope isn't in "compromising" with Trumpers in some sick parody of political correctness. It's about pushing environmental a truer left in the US...I chatted extensively with some of the more literate Trump voters before the election and they saw a lot of the same thing Bernie supporters saw: a lying left of despotic political leaders and left wing professors seemingly saying "steak and first class flights for me, pinto beans and bikes for thee."

In essence in the absence of a sound science education, these people saw obvious authoritarian government thievery.

So many Hillary voters are so wrong, trying to downplay climate change and pushing flexitarianism, like oh if we are moderate they will listen to us. It's like no you dumb fucks, you're just making them more suspicious of science you crazy PC hand holders.

It's hard to watch it play out when our establishment Left just reinforces the carnage.

Bernie was the only environmental candidate.

Dark days for the environment. My optimism is gone, which is what foes of environmental protection want.

As someone who studies environmental science, what gives you hope?

Scientists who are younger and truly in their element with explanations of climate like my geology professor.

That many people my age and younger make the connection between animal agriculture and climate change. A lot of my cohort is vegetarian though only a couple are vegan.

Wealthy people investing in renewable energy.

The energy of Millennial activists.

But sometimes I have little hope. Frankly, there are times I just resolutely do what I can ...like I started a recycling program on the campground I work at. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy says mental reframing, practical action and small goals help anxiety, depression, etc .. But sometimes I drink too much instead, just overwhelmed with the flailing inadequacies I'm surrounded by.

But sometimes I drink too much instead, just overwhelmed with the flailing inadequacies I'm surrounded by.

I LOL'd, whiskey glass in hand.

I can see trains go by at work...the most common cargo I see is coal, but wind turbine blades are at least a weekly sighting.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I LOL'd, whiskey glass in hand.

I can see trains go by at work...the most common cargo I see is coal, but wind turbine blades are at least a weekly sighting.

It's so hard because my college town is a bubble, it's a cubby wubby womb room of recycling and composting, bicycles and pedestrians, of plentiful vegan options and small business. I love it there. It's soothing.

Problem being I think some of the tenured professors have a false sense of security because of their long stay there. They've lost touch with reality, they think it's still the 90s and we can just hug it out with the Nazis.

By that turn some of the younger students actually aren't getting the level of alarm they need to spur them to appropriate direct action. Some of the 19 year olds are naive enough to believe in their sheltered overly comfortable professors.

I moved there from LA and I am just like oh no, is this a good or bad place.

For example when I went just one county over I was floored by the lack of recycling bins. Like where am I like I woke up from a dream.

I just have to do what I can and keep being a loudmouth I guess lol.