Advertisement

Should you eat nutritional yeast every day

Discussion in 'Food' started by kylefoley76, Aug 13, 2018.

1. kylefoley76

kylefoley76 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    In How Not to Die, Michael Greger writes

I've signed up for the half marathon on September 30. I can now run 9 miles by myself. And I want to go to do a marathon eventually but only once in my life because I think running for periods longer than an hour are detrimental to your health, at least to me they are. In any case, I came down with a common cold and I sort of thought that veganism was supposed to put an end to that based on this article

https://www.onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/how-plant-based-eating-keeps-you-safe-from-colds/

and a few other snippets I've heard. Maybe I got the cold because I was only eating about 800 calories per day for a two week period. I've since scaled the intake back up to about 1500. In any case, I want to try nutritional yeast but should I eat this stuff every day or only on days of high physical exercise?

2. Emma JC
    Joyful

Emma JC Active Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I don't think too many people here will comment on whether you should eat 'nooch' every day or not. I eat it when is fits with what I am eating. I use it for making things 'cheesier' so if cheesier is not appropriate I don't eat it. Two or three times a week is the max, I am not training for a marathon....

Emma JC

3. kylefoley76

kylefoley76 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Emma JC
    Joyful

Emma JC Active Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    One quick note here (and you will find this info also on Dr Greger's site) there are some people that should not consume nutritional yeast - people with Crohn's and other autoimmune diseases should beware and do their research.

Emma JC