Advertisement
  1. Boo! Guest!

We're celebrating Halloween by turning the forum incredibly spooky! Though if you'd like to revert to the default theme click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Slip ups

Discussion in 'General' started by Sax, May 4, 2018.

1. Sax
    Happy

Sax Active Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -1
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Who else isn't perfect? Sometimes I find out, too late, that I've purchased or consumed an animal product.

It took me at least six months to realize that my shampoo and conditioner weren't vegan. A few days ago I had a scare when I read my toothpaste ingredients and saw glycerin, but it turned out to be from a plant source.

When was your last slip up? When it happens, do you finish it anyway to be less wasteful? Throw it out? Give it to a friend?

A few minutes ago I opened a beer with dinner. After taking the first sip I saw "honey" on the label. Damnit!! Poured that bottle down the drain, I'll be bringing the rest of the 6-pack to a party tomorrow to give away.

2. amberfunk

amberfunk Active Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 2 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I bought justin's peanut butter cups yesterday. I thought they all were vegan last time I checked them. I ate one and so did hubby. Looked at the label after and saw milk. Any other time I buy something non vegan accidently I will finish it so it's not being wasted.

3. Nekodaiden

Nekodaiden Active Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    A container of what was marketed as "rice seasoning" at a local Asian grocer. I bought it a fair few months back and didn't take a careful look at all the ingredients. After using it a few times I looked again.

Lactose. Sigh. Given the people that are intolerant to it this is just stupid even without the vegan consideration.
    A couple of flavor enhancers.

I threw the bottle out.