Still feel tired....

Green.Wave

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I’m a new vegan, 19 years old. I’ve been feeling drained in terms of energy. I woke up this morning and had a whole grain pancake with almond butter with strawberries and bananas on top. I then took a b12 supplement(with b6 and folate in it). I feel tired and lazy now. Any tips would be great. Thanks!!

Reactions: Dave Sharpes
Drinking water and exercise help. Just go out for a walk for at least 30 minutes it helps to be energized.

Exercise and/or strong coffee usually work for me. If I am driving on a long boring journey, I put some really loud music on. If there are other people in the car I insist on them engaging me in conversation. If the weather is very hot, a cold shower works or a swim.

For me, I am six days in, Black coffee and my go to in work is mixed nuts and raisins, helps keep my energy levels up a bit.

Methinks the whole grain pancake zapped you. Next time, try just fruit or vegetable juice and see how
you feel.
Have you done a juice fast yet?

Hi Green Wave, of the many different things that might be causing tiredness, one possibility is that you are not eating enough, and just need to eat more. Try adding a piece of toast (or two) to your breakfast, for instance. Or cereal.

For now, keep going and understand you are going through a transition period.

If that doesn't work, and issues persist over a long time, try a slower transition over time, going back to your original diet and eliminating foods one by one or reducing the amounts of foods one by one.