Struggling with what to eat

Craig Fleming

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi I'm trying out the Vegan lifestyle for health reasons, after watching and reading a lot of info I thought I'd give it a try.
I'm struggling a bit with what to eat. Today I had weetabix with almond milk for lunch I have wholemeal pasta with veggies and some fruit, for dinner I had planned on a baked potato with beans and dairy free cheese.

I was trying to follow a more plant based diet but working 12 hour shift makes it hard to cook from scratch every night are things like vegan sausages any good or are they processed crap? Thanks for any help

You can invest in a slow cooker. Working 10-11 hour days it really helps out. I usually make my beans and rice with it with some greens thrown in with spices. Also preparing some food ahead of time on a day off also helps. Such as making beans, rice, grains and then putting them in the fridge so they are ready to go with some frozen veggies and maybe tomato sauce and spices. Have on hand stuff to make salad and some pre made vegan options such as gardein or tofurky. I like the vegan sausages they have. There are also tofu dogs which are awesome. Way better than beef or pork hotdogs.

vegan sausages I've tried are not that amazing but Ok, give it a try.

Your day sounds very good.

For breakfasts consider cereals, mushroom+toast+tomato. You can also use tofu to make something that comes out like egg but it takes more effort and needs some research.

Get some veggie burgers and try burger and chips for an easy to prepare meal. You can get some salad on the burger of course.

Bean burrito is good. The trick here is to actually use a fairly small amount of beans, and a lot of other stuff in there, vegetables and salad probably.

Usually I start my day with one fruit, next I am eating oatmeal with cocoa (without fruit) or sandwich with hummus and veggies, for snack I have protein bars or 7-8 raw almonds, walnuts or cashews. For lunch I am trying to cook easy and quick recipes which are ready in 10-15 min. with quinoa, lentil, buckwheat, chickpeas, beans, pea etc. with fresh or cooked veggies. For dinner I usually drink protein shake and sometimes I eat salad or soup.

Ever considered going raw (vegan)? - in the morning I drink a veggie / fruit juice and a bottle of water, I also eat a banana to start the day. Around lunch time I eat a watermelon and arugula salad, and I drink a kale with fruit smoothie . For dinner I do allow myself some tofu and black beans in a burrito bowl (no bread) with guacamole, corn, tomatoes, and lettuce.

Vegan sausages ? Really but they taste like sausages not ? Grosss . Just think of all those poor little calves getting halaled up and sliced into little pieces so you can have a fuking hot dog .
The vegan sausages are made with soy, vital wheat gluten and veggies and not animals.