Announcement Tapatalk and recommendations

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
As you may be aware, this forum supports the Tapatalk app. We forum owners are generally not that fond of this app for a number of reasons, but the app is still quite useful for users who are out and about on slow connections and/or low spec smartphones. So for now VV will continue to support it. However, the recommended way to access VV is through an up-to-date browser. Tapatalk doesn't support all the features of the forum, so the Tapatalk users are missing out.

Recommended Tapatalk settings:
Settings -> Topic & Post -> Prefix Display -> Both Topic and Thread.

We are now using thread prefixes quite extensively, so you definitely want to see them everywhere relevant.

I will update this with more recommendations as needed. Also feel free to ask any Tapatalk-related questions in this thread.

Last edited:
As you may be aware, this forum supports the Tapatalk app. We forum owners are generally not that fond of this app for a number of reasons, but the app is still quite useful for users who are out and about on slow connections and/or low spec smartphones. So for now VV will continue to support it. However, the recommended way to access VV is through an up-to-date browser. Tapatalk doesn't support all the features of the forum, so the Tapatalk users are missing out.

Recommended Tapatalk settings:
Settings -> Topic & Post -> Prefix Display -> Both Thread and View.

We are now using thread prefixes quite extensively, so you definitely want to see them everywhere relevant.

I will update this with more recommendations as needed. Also feel free to ask any Tapatalk-related questions in this thread.

I've never tried pulling up the site on my phone (I wasn't aware it was mobile compatible) - looks nice!

Reactions: Second Summer
I wasn't aware that you weren't aware! Yes, the forum software is what they call "responsive" which means it will display nicely even on small screen devices such as smartphones. (Well, as nicely as is possible. Or at least it will try!)