The Great British Pudding

No one soy of say pudding instead of dessert here...is it maybe more of a northern thing?

Had sticky toffee pudding the other week for the first time in years - it was amazing!!

I think it's just regional, I'm not from the north either. :)

BTW for people who can't get vegetable suet, I think grating vegetable shortening should work just as well.

No one soy of say pudding instead of dessert here...is it maybe more of a northern thing?

Had sticky toffee pudding the other week for the first time in years - it was amazing!!

That is the reason why I don't make it that often as I only get 2 servings out of mine !

I think I'm going to try making bread pudding, it actually sounds pretty good.

Bread and butter pudding is actually one of my favourites, especially when the weather is cold.
I think it's just regional, I'm not from the north either. :)

BTW for people who can't get vegetable suet, I think grating vegetable shortening should work just as well.

You can buy it at M&S or either make it yourself using the above method but the shortening has to be frozen.
You can also mix vegetable oil and rice flour to obtain vegetarian suet.

Bread and butter pudding is actually one of my favourites, especially when the weather is cold.

No doubt that I'm going to make 5 portions and eat it all by myself.

Guess I'll save it for my cheat day this Friday.

You can buy it at M&S or either make it yourself using the above method but the shortening has to be frozen.
You can also mix vegetable oil and rice flour to obtain vegetarian suet.

Ah I know, I have some, it's a staple in my cupboard! But I was thinking some people might not be able to get it.

Reactions: shyvas
syrupy-pudding.jpg

Golden Syrup Pudding

As it's really chilly, I thought that we could bump this thread for inspiration.

I made a gorgeous apple cinnamon crumble last night and served it hot with soya cream.

recipe-image-legacy-id--1130451_11.jpg As it is very damp and gloomy today, I have a craving for some kind of steamed pudding; either, golden syrup, sticky toffee or spotted dick !!!!:D

BBC - Good Food - Spotted dick pudding.

Last edited: