Advertisement

Too much fat? gut dysbiosis

Discussion in 'Health' started by Hrodrik, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Hrodrik

Hrodrik Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Hello everybody!

I've been fighting against a gut dysbiosis for about 4 years.

I am gluten free, and been reacting to all grains as well, even white rice, so I gave it up too.
    "So let's eat tons of sweet potatoes." No... my stomach just can't digest it well.

Now, in a new treatment phase, with a new doctor, which sugested me to cut some of my carbs, like bananas and try to raise calories with fats. Mostly avocados, walnuts, flaxseeds and coconuts.

Here is the macros:

3100 calories
    Carbs: 8,33 g/kg (50%)
    Proteins: 1,12 g/kg (15%)
    Fat: 2,34 g/kg (35%)

I'm a little affraid of raising the fats so much like this. Allthough its not a keto diet, it's very different from what I'm used to listen about diet.

I'd appreciate to hear some thought from you guys!

Thanks!

2. Emma JC
    Joyful

Emma JC Active Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I am not going to comment on the change in the diet composition as I am not a medical professional.

I will comment on the 3100 calories.... I hope you are active enough that you are able to offset those calories throughout the day?

If your doctor is not a plant-based doctor then maybe look around and see if you can find one in your area.
    https://www.plantbaseddoctors.org/

All the best on your road to health!

Emma JC