Toothpaste

Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Hello,
I need some toothpaste recommendations. The one my dentist prescribed, Colgate Duraphat 5000 ppm, isn’t cruelty-free. I have some requirements:
* Needs to be cruelty-free and vegan, of course.
* Needs to be at least 5000 ppm of fluoride, none of this fluoride free nonsense.
Thanks.

Hello,
I need some toothpaste recommendations. The one my dentist prescribed, Colgate Duraphat 5000 ppm, isn’t cruelty-free. I have some requirements:
* Needs to be cruelty-free and vegan, of course.
* Needs to be at least 5000 ppm of fluoride, none of this fluoride free nonsense.
Thanks.
Ask your dentist. He may have a recommendation.
But I suspect that you won't find one.

this may be a cop out but in my world I rarely make choices on medicine based on cruelty free and vegan.
There is also the idea that no medicine is truly cruelty free. They almost always have animal trials to get approved.

I have used Toms and Hello and felt good about them. . Lately I have been using Trader Joe's. all of these are vegan, cruelty free, and some of them have recyclable tubes. They have the highest amount of fluoride without a prescription.

Because I had radiation treatments, I also have a mouth or fluoride tray that I put a fluoride gel into. 15 minutes. My dentist also told me that there is a gel you can apply to your teeth after brushing, but I didn't look into that too much. you leave it on your teeth for a minute. Its less effective but more convenient.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
Hi Rory,

Assuming you're in the UK, then Kingfisher w/ fluoride might be a good option. This one has 1450 ppm fluoride according to this page (see the question & answer).

I've used this myself for many years and thought it was nice.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Lou